Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HELP with tranny, shift rod came out
machina
post Apr 1 2007, 01:31 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 848

i removed the plate on the tranny that holds the shift rod and the whole selector rod (the one that goes up into the tranny case) came out (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

how do i get this thing back in there? it looks like a giant key btw. i don't remember what position the selector was in when it came out.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
LowGT
post Apr 1 2007, 01:39 PM
Post #2

1.8 and Proud!

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,904
Region Association: Southwest Region

It will go back in, you just have to wiggle it around a lot. It's easiest to do when the car is in neutral, but you can still do it if it's in a gear. Worst case scenario, just get it in there and then get the car to neutral and redo it.
+Quote Post
Rough_Rider
post Apr 1 2007, 06:24 PM
Post #3

Smurf Zone

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,547

If the tranny was in neutral the key piece should be pointed towards left side of car.
The whole thing wiggles back & forth thru a 30 degree arc. But you can also push the selector rod in & out.

If tranny wasn't in neutral, do a search for Dr Evil thread on reassembling tranny, there's a picture of how to get the selector arms back to neutral with a screwdriver.
+Quote Post
machina
post Apr 1 2007, 07:10 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 848

QUOTE(Rough_Rider @ Apr 1 2007, 07:24 PM) *

If the tranny was in neutral the key piece should be pointed towards left side of car.
The whole thing wiggles back & forth thru a 30 degree arc. But you can also push the selector rod in & out.

If tranny wasn't in neutral, do a search for Dr Evil thread on reassembling tranny, there's a picture of how to get the selector arms back to neutral with a screwdriver.

yes, thanks.

i had to move the sliders with a punch to get them into neutral and then all was fine. i got a good deal on this tranny (i have 3 now) but the shift plate was cracked so i had to swap it out. we'll see if the synchros in this one are any better than the one i pulled.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th May 2024 - 01:19 PM