Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HELP with tranny
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
machina
i removed the plate on the tranny that holds the shift rod and the whole selector rod (the one that goes up into the tranny case) came out blink.gif

how do i get this thing back in there? it looks like a giant key btw. i don't remember what position the selector was in when it came out.
LowGT
It will go back in, you just have to wiggle it around a lot. It's easiest to do when the car is in neutral, but you can still do it if it's in a gear. Worst case scenario, just get it in there and then get the car to neutral and redo it.
Rough_Rider
If the tranny was in neutral the key piece should be pointed towards left side of car.
The whole thing wiggles back & forth thru a 30 degree arc. But you can also push the selector rod in & out.

If tranny wasn't in neutral, do a search for Dr Evil thread on reassembling tranny, there's a picture of how to get the selector arms back to neutral with a screwdriver.
machina
QUOTE(Rough_Rider @ Apr 1 2007, 07:24 PM) *

If the tranny was in neutral the key piece should be pointed towards left side of car.
The whole thing wiggles back & forth thru a 30 degree arc. But you can also push the selector rod in & out.

If tranny wasn't in neutral, do a search for Dr Evil thread on reassembling tranny, there's a picture of how to get the selector arms back to neutral with a screwdriver.

yes, thanks.

i had to move the sliders with a punch to get them into neutral and then all was fine. i got a good deal on this tranny (i have 3 now) but the shift plate was cracked so i had to swap it out. we'll see if the synchros in this one are any better than the one i pulled.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.