Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> SOT: Buggy Racing, Stock 1600 class
Brando
post Apr 5 2007, 03:41 PM
Post #1

BUY MY SPARE KIDNEY!!!

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,648
Region Association: Southern California

Well, looks like I might get to do some racing this year afterall -- just not in the teener.

GF's dad wants to run his bug in the stock 1600 class of offroad racing, wants a wrench hand/driver and I'll probably be it!

Tonight I have to go over the rulebook. Soon we have to take the engine that's in it out, split the case and do a cam swap (per rulebook spec). We also have to trim down from the dual kadrons that are on there to a Pict 30 -- byebye torque/hp. Everyone in this class is limited, target HP for your engine should be 85-100 with stock everything. Like any good racing team we'll be looking for loopholes (read: not cheating) and probably blueprint the engine in an attempt to achieve the maximum power we can from the little Type 1. Our goal is 100hp.

So far we haven't found any limitation on what kind of gearbox we can use -- so quite possibly we'll go with an early 911 or 912 901 5-speed. This would allow us to gear 1-4 low enough and provide us with a 5th gear for highway cruising to events (we plan to make this street legal as well). We were planning on using a bus box and adapting to the 930 output flanges and complete axles.

Since these types of events and racing is new to me, anyone have some suggestions or ideas to help us get in the right direction?

thanks!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 08:51 PM