Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Porschee no startee, Got juice but no fire...
Halfbad
post Apr 12 2007, 11:16 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,596

Hi guys, I've recently bought a 1972 914 with what I assume (or think) is the 1.8 liter engine. It was basically sitting in a garage for the last couple of years, so I am trying to get the thing running so I can get the kids out on the autocross course. At least this way they can have some fun and not hurt anything and anyone. Bottom line: I seem to have spark, but no fuel. When I turn on the key I can hear the fuel pump kick in and I have poured a little gas into the throttle body and it will fire up, but not run. If this were a carbureted engine, no problem, but with all of the various fuel and air management components I don't know where to start. I removed the fuel injectors yesterday and cleaned them as best I could, but nothing changed. Any ideas where I should start and which components might be the most likely candidates as the broken ones? HELLLLLLLP! Thanks in advance. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th May 2024 - 05:16 AM