Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Some Bucking at Low-end...then pulls like a mule, Trying to get all the bugs out--I need your help
computers4kids
post Apr 14 2007, 09:32 PM
Post #1

Love these little cars!

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,253
Region Association: None

I need your help...I've got my transplanted djet 2ltr (76 de-smogged motor) in and running...and driving. I'm trying to get the motor running good but I'm having a problem with low rpms.

If I try to slowly accelerate the motor seems to "buck," hestitate until the motor reaches about 3,000 rpm then it's smooth sailing. However, if I put my foot into the pedal harder and run through the gears it pulls hard and strong like a mule....awesome.
Below are some things I've done:
  • valves adjusted while engine was cold .006 and .008(exhaust)
  • Installed new petronix ignition
  • Set timing at 27 degrees at 3500 rpm
  • Completly removed and cleaned throttle body and blew out all the ports with carb cleaner
  • Cleaned throttle position contacts (excellent condition) and adjusted idle and full throttle contacts using an ohm meter
  • all injectors were serviced
  • fuel pressure set and steady via gauge at 28lbs
  • New plugs, rotor, cap...wires appear to be in good condition
  • installed a rebuilt 043 MPS (Bleyseng)
  • Checked for vaccum leaks
  • Engine runs at 325-350 on CHT gauge
  • New cylinder head temperature sensor
  • New air cleaner
Things I haven't done
  • adjusted the ECU....as I understand it...this is only an idle adjustment mixture....although the motor smells maybe a tad rich at idle
  • Have not played with the trigger points (stock bosch dizzy)
At this point I don't want to just start throwing money at parts. From what I've read, the trigger points can cause bucking and too rich running. When I saw Pelican wanted $175 for them...I didn't want to roll the dice????

The only other symptom worth mentioning, is when I first start the motor when it is cold, the idle hunts quite a bit....like 1000 rpm...not to sure what that is all about. I did install a oem thermostat and the air flaps are working correctly. After it warms up the idle is fairly steady but a bit rough.

Sorry for the long story....I need some ideas
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 03:11 AM