Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V « < 3 4 5  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Windshield top seal update
GTPatrick
post May 12 2007, 04:20 PM
Post #81

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,768
Region Association: None

[quote name='dr914@autoatlanta.com' date='May 12 2007, 12:46 PM' post='899798']
[quote name='Bleyseng' post='899791' date='May 12 2007, 01:13 PM']
I assigned this to our shipper first thing monday. Always happens that if we say no sig required that the customer never receives the part!!!! We were very worried that with the expense of this part that if we said no sig required (and this feature costs us an extra 2.00 bucks or so per shipment) that of course packages would be stolen and we of course would be left holding the bag!!!!!!! I am SURE that you can understand!!
[/quote]

Well , I just got mine today after the third attempt by FedEx .m Thanks George.

BTW George , signing for it was not the issue because I know where you're coming from and agree that you have to cya yourself business wise on lost, stolen, etc. packages or you'd loose $$$ . The problem was that fedex would not let my neighbor sign for it even though this has been done for in the past , even for stuff that was more expensive than the seal was . Oh well , dealing with a large corporate bureacracy does have its moments.

Anways , a big thanks to George and AA for getting this rubber seal . (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif) Now only if a package deal for all the other seals can be created. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Rick L
post May 12 2007, 09:43 PM
Post #82

Member No.: 5,116
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(John @ May 12 2007, 12:22 AM) *

QUOTE(rleonardccemtp @ May 11 2007, 10:21 AM) *

Ok, I give. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) My hands are numb. I'm trying to install this new jewel and having a helluva time. What can I use to lube this thing that wont degrage the rubber? Or is there same magic technique to sliding the rubber into the runners? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif)

P-80 Temporary Rubber Lubricant. Best thing I have ever tried when installing rubber seals, grommets, etc.

It works like MAGIC and then it disappears.

P-80 temporary rubber lubricant.

Cool, Thanx. I just ordered some. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)
+Quote Post
martin914
post May 14 2007, 08:46 PM
Post #83

martin914

Member No.: 4,987

just recevied mine today by fedex just perfect finally i have one (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap56.gif) thanks very much george (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)
+Quote Post

5 Pages V « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th May 2024 - 01:31 AM