Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Windshield top seal update
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
dr914@autoatlanta.com
IPB Image

Well these da.n things have still not been delivered from Porsche as we had planned to send them out yesterday and today. Just wanted everyone to see the ship ticket from our ordering Porsche dealer. Don't know what the problem is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SLITS
So, at $210 per seal you're making about $30 per. At $275 .... it's about $85 per less shipping.

Well, we're just gonna have to beat up on ya for making money. biggrin.gif

Don't understand your invoice though ... one part says they shipped 63 and the other says they shipped 0. Sounds typical Porsche to me.

PRS914-6
George, if you think I got beat up here for selling high priced seals that I had in my hand, you better run for your life if you are selling low priced seals that you don't have. For your sake, I hope they arrive soon before the fallout.........
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(PRS914-6 @ Apr 18 2007, 04:13 PM) *

George, if you think I got beat up here for selling high priced seals that I had in my hand, you better run for your life if you are selling low priced seals that you don't have. For your sake, I hope they arrive soon before the fallout.........

Yes I am waiting to take the abuse if ANYTHING has happened at Porsche. We verified stock and delivery five times from Porsche before the offering and made sure that we bought every last one they had. My bill is plenty from them. And now where are they? The story will continue. Hopefully tomorrow they will be here.
spunone
No Ronald thats BO as in 0 backordered not body odor
spunone
George ya mean you don't have any YET no prob my car aint ready yet and it's almost summer cool_shades.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(spunone @ Apr 18 2007, 04:44 PM) *

George ya mean you don't have any YET no prob my car aint ready yet and it's almost summer cool_shades.gif

thank you. I hate slow delivery!
Midtowner
popcorn[1].gif
JRust
Are the all taken when they arrive George? I will take one for sure.
PRS914-6
George, just an FYI so you can plan.... My sources claim Porsche released about 60 worldwide but I can't verify it for sure. If you add up those people and dealers who have already received them and spoke up, I can easily account for more than half of that number plus all the worldwide sales. The factory inventory is 0 at this minute despite the computers still showing in stock. Perhaps Porsche will release another batch soon after seeing this happen.

My parts guy says he has never seen anything like this in his career at Porsche. Your dealer should be able to actually confirm if your order was actually pulled from inventory and not just confirm that there were seals available when the order was placed.

I wish you the best of luck on this one.....
kconway
Hey George,
I placed a phone order Monday for one of these, which was my first ever with AA. Should I have recieved an email confirmation?

Hopefully your not trying to tell us that maybe these aren't really coming and you won't be able to fill all the orders for seals you've received?

Kevin
rhodyguy
my brand spankin' new seal purchased for 257.34 looks pretty swell right about now. i imagine one at 400 is livable if you had no problem paying that much originaly. if that small # of seals are gone, they're NLA again. would it be unethical of me to sell it on ebay with a reserve of 799.99. it's all about living in a catpitalistic society right?

k
736conver
I just got mine that I ordered from Germany, paid $167.

Woo Hoo
SO914
Doh! Let the firestorm begin while the guys who paid $400 on eBay spend close, intimate moments with their new seals. Ha! AA is great, but it kinda sucks to sell stuff you don't have. What happens if these don't ship? I guess that the ones on eBay that sellers DO have will increase in value. I shipped two today - and boy, they were beautiful - all wrapped tightly in their OEM Porsche plastic. Ummmm... I'm sure the new owners will love them... and me - for actually having the part that I sold.
736conver
I dont understand that invoice. It says special ordered 63. What does that mean.
dflesburg
And I am pissed that I paid Northland Porsche Audi in advance, for mine and my dads and don't have them yet.... If I had paid Porsche for 63 and sold some to other people I don't think I would be able to sleep at night.
woobn8r
Relax.....and don't get your panties in a knot!

At this point there's nothing anyone can do but wait (except George).

We took advantage of a good deal...and it'll either show up or it won't. George has been upfront with his efforts to acquire these seals...and I'm sure he's on the phone....shots, comments and worrying will not make these seals show up quicker...and it's unbecoming.

I for one am glad George saw the opportunity to get these seals and did somthing about it...if the deal falls through, you are really no worse off than before...oh ya, gloating is also unbecoming.
dflesburg
Dont know about what underbritches lumberjacks wear, but I dont wear panties... I wasn't bitchin at George.
woobn8r
QUOTE(dflesburg @ Apr 19 2007, 08:50 AM) *

Dont know about what underbritches lumberjacks wear, but I dont wear panties... I wasn't bitchin at George.

This was directred at no ONE in particular, but at those who seem to worry and B*tch every time somthing like this comes along...If anyone thinks this may apply to them...it probably does...but if your mind is clear, you are either playing nice or have no idea of what that means.
SLITS
If they only released 60 Worldwide and the Ontario, CA warehouse supposedly had 34 of them, it makes George's order a little short.

This whole thing is a pile of shit.

At this point I'm gonna pull the money I've had sitting in Germany for over a year and just gently say FUCK Porsche .... lousy elitist procrastinating bastards. I'd rather give the money to Bruce or maybe even George to make the friggin' things.

Oh BTW, I don't need one. My attempted order was to help the non-club members get what they needed. I realize that I am just an ugly capitalist American and deserve all of the heat you guys/gals can muster.

And quit bagging on those that have them and sell them for whatever price until you're willing to put up a shitpile of money.

I'll go take my pills now! smoke.gif
jagalyn
George,

Thank you. Thank you for trying to do something most others would not do. You offered a group buy at a very very good price on NLA part that has now come available again. You could have sold these at a higher price because you obviously know the pent up demand but instead you offered them at a price that was very generous.

I know the fact that Porsche being slow on shipping the parts to you is not something you can control. While others might flame you for trying to offer them to us before you actually had them in your hands is also something you can't control. Some of the people on this board choose to see the negative in everything. I see it for what it is... a very generous offer and good will gesture that you did not have to make.

Keep us informed of what you hear from Porsche and we will paitiently wait for the seals to arrive.

j.
DNHunt
Ron

For what it's worth, I appreciate the effort you made in trying to source this part and I want to say thankyou. I really wonder if Porsche has any clue about the 914 or our community.

The fact that they released any seals at all seems to me to indicate they must perceive some demand but, I suspect they misread the number of people that want these as, 60 I imagine wouldn't begin to fill the backordered units. On top of that, I find it hard to believe that they would only run 60 because I suspect their per unit cost would be too high. My quess is there are a bunch more coming but, I have no way of knowing. I haven't openned the 1 I got but, the packaging sure looks new and all the tags are bright white so, I really believe these are a brand new run and not NOS from some lost warehouse.

By the way Ron, if the seals you are on the hook for happen to show before you get your money back, I'll still take one. Can you imagine some archaeologist openning up my coffin and saying "Man look at this. This guy must have thought all the afterworld 914s had trashed targa seals. Gez, those 914 people were a bunch of nuts." Who knows for sure but, I'm gonna be ready. At least it might be a good bargaining chip with St. Peter.

Dave
Chris Pincetich
SLITS! beerchug.gif
Time will tell who the true heros and A-holes are. I'm sure the A+ SUV sellin dealers will get serviced first, then the local shops, then private parties/resellers.
After a year of stickin to your guns, it's too early to admit defeat.
Here's to a TGIF 4:20 on 4/20 thumb3d.gif
7TPorsh
I ordered AA this week and was told they were already on hand were being shipped later in the week...so is this backorder now?
dflesburg
Called my dealer, Friday status is:

"we are waiting to hear from Porsche, they haven't told us anything about these parts except that they couldn't fill the order on Friday of last week, as soon as we hear from Porsche we will give you a call".
dflesburg
Northland Porsche Audi just called me...

I am getting part of my order next week (1/3). Seems some dealer in Atlanta had a priority order for 63 units and took up majority of stock. I will get my balance in second shipment. Should clear customs and distribution center in 4-6 weeks.

dakotaewing
QUOTE(jagalyn @ Apr 19 2007, 10:59 AM) *

George,

Thank you. Thank you for trying to do something most others would not do. You offered a group buy at a very very good price on NLA part that has now come available again. You could have sold these at a higher price because you obviously know the pent up demand but instead you offered them at a price that was very generous.

I know the fact that Porsche being slow on shipping the parts to you is not something you can control. While others might flame you for trying to offer them to us before you actually had them in your hands is also something you can't control. Some of the people on this board choose to see the negative in everything. I see it for what it is... a very generous offer and good will gesture that you did not have to make.

Keep us informed of what you hear from Porsche and we will paitiently wait for the seals to arrive.

j.

agree.gif
addwestern
I did get mine in today from Porsche.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!! (and an apology)

I have finally gotten to the bottom of the windshield top seal controversy and have a PORSCHE factory guarantee of 100 plus top seals on the way. Everyone who has ordered one for the special price will get one, but in two or three weeks.
I have gone through h.ll after placing our confirmed order and being invoiced from Porsche for something that did not exist. What the problem was is that there was a miscount in the inventory that resulted in a non existent inventory and the resultant delay in resupplying and reinventorying them.
Behind the scenes I called my contact deep in the Porsche parts organization (my brother Peter's best friend) and he sheepishly admitted that there had been a miscount and that actually they had not sold that many of them in the last two months since a small number of them had arrived in the U.S.
Well feeling like a fool to believe the word of Porsche and really not believing it until I verified five times, getting my shipping confirmation and my bill (previously posted) I had our buyer Bruce make a bunch of calls, and I too called people we knew in the organization. I immediately rounded up five of the seals, (all new stock) had my friend Michael Mittle in Germany send me 30 more and FINALLY had my brothers friend expedite the shipment from Germany for 100 more immediately and 100 additional in two to three weeks.
I am very very sorry that this has happened. We have always been able to depend on Porsche for instantaneous delivery as we are one of their drop ship customers and are only about ten miles from the warehouse, and six from Headquarters.
Please again my sincere apologies to the club. EVERYONE who ordered one will get one at the price, and I will post some pics of the seals and the confirmations as they arrive.
If ANYONE feels like personally abusing me for this, please feel free to call me personally and vent: 800 792 4944 ext 16 business 404 308 5652 cell 770 971 4960 home.
spunone
Thanks for the update George thumb3d.gif send them when ya get them clap56.gif
JeffBowlsby
Thanks for the update George, we appreciate your efforts!
Garland
Thanks for the update, glad to wait for a great deal, on a very needed part.
Thanks again.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
KING OF THE WINDSHIELD TOP SEALS!

I REALLY DO NOT LOOK THIS BAD IT WAS MY BIRTHDAY LAST NIGHT!!!!!!

IPB Image
7TPorsh
Nice to see your cat packing my shipment. biggrin.gif

I hope he can write clearly, my postman is a Calico. blink.gif

Ooh, I can smell the rubber now. driving.gif

Thanks for all your efforts George.
Phoenix914
clap56.gif piratenanner.gif

I hope you still have some when I can afford one!
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Phoenix914 @ Apr 26 2007, 10:33 AM) *

clap56.gif piratenanner.gif

I hope you still have some when I can afford one!

WE will!
sww914
It's weird seeing someone for the first time.
I thought you'd be fatter and older!
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(sww914 @ Apr 26 2007, 11:52 AM) *

It's weird seeing someone for the first time.
I thought you'd be fatter and older!

I am fat! I am old!!!!! (although I do not look as old as that picture!!!!!!!!!)

I am though an ex cross country runner so you know how that goes!

Thank you for the compliment though!!!!!!
Tobra
and it is my birthday today.

If you are an ex-cross country guy, you need to stretch more, or that is what my coach would always say
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Tobra @ Apr 26 2007, 01:15 PM) *

and it is my birthday today.

If you are an ex-cross country guy, you need to stretch more, or that is what my coach would always say

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I WONDER WHAT OUR PARENTS WERE DOING IN THE HOTTEST MONTH OF THE YEAR TO CONCEIVE US? TOO LATE FOR THE FOURTH OF JULY!

COACH IS RIGHT ABOUT THE STRETCH I DO IT EVERY DAY. CAN PUT MY KNEES FLAT ON THE FLOOR BEHIND MY HEAD (GOT USED TO THAT FROM DEALING WITH US 914 OWNERS ALL OF THESE YEARS!!!!)
ANY ONE WHO COMES TO VISIT ON A FRIDAY CAN JOIN US FOR THE FAMOUS RIVER RUN. ABOUT 3.5 OR 4.5 OF A RUGGED TRAIL AND A GOOD HILL.
GTPatrick
Just got off of the phone with Bruce in parts at AA . He said that they do have them in house and will probably ship them out on Mon. Why Monday we ask, apparently George and his posse all have gone to Hershey meet and they are allegedly short handed back at the ranch. rolleyes.gif

At least my order is somewhere on the food chain list of what they have there .

We can only hope and pray . thumb3d.gif

GTPatrick smoke.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Update:

They are shipping starting tomorrow!!!!!!!! if anyone needs anything else the shipping is already paid!!!!!!!!!! Call for your add on!!!!!!
kconway
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Apr 30 2007, 06:03 PM) *

Update:

They are shipping starting tomorrow!!!!!!!! if anyone needs anything else the shipping is already paid!!!!!!!!!! Call for your add on!!!!!!

Damnit...made it too easy to drop another $100 on that order, and you guys are taking phone orders at 8:30pm!!! You guys ever close or rest?

Thanks George!
thomasotten
I got mine in the mail on Saturday, thanks George. Although, I was charged $290. Weren't we supposed to get a break, for club members?
a914luvr
We've got a very limited number of these seals now at Pelican for $260.75. My understanding is Performance Products had 50 of them but that count is decreasing daily. I think thier price is about $290. Get one while you can. I bought 2 of them for myself and my contact at the vendor we got mine from (not Porsche, but the seals are Genuine) told me he thought the tooling was damaged, so there may or may not be another batch in the future.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(thomasotten @ Apr 30 2007, 06:51 PM) *

I got mine in the mail on Saturday, thanks George. Although, I was charged $290. Weren't we supposed to get a break, for club members?

Hi Thomas. We actually had two orders for you! One originally and one at the club discount price!
G e o r g e
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Apr 30 2007, 06:03 PM) *

Update:

I did the add on when i ordered, but since you shipped part of the order without the seal you charged me shipping on the first part dry.gif
racunniff
So, what do I find when I come home for lunch today? *Two* seals from Auto Atlanta - one at the R9145630910 part number (that I think I ordered months ago and forgot about) and one at the G91456303910 part number.

So, now I have choices: keep one and sell the other (which to keep, which to sell?) or install one and store the other for, ahem, a rainy day.

George, what's the difference between the "R" and the "G" part numbers? They look identical, but the "G" has a big Porsche sticker on the bag...
rktmn247
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Apr 30 2007, 03:03 PM) *

Update:

When I placed my order I asked to be e-mailed the tracking number prior to shipment so I could make arrangements to be home when they deliver. I did not get the name of the woman I spoke with when I orderd and I can see that my card has not yet been charged. Goerge if you can let me know something I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!
dr914@autoatlanta.com
we are shipping today!!!!!! If anyone wants a tracking number at the end of the day, before it is e mailed please call me personally 1 792 4944 ext 16 (please call after 6:30 edt! Thank you everyone who participated in the group buy and I am sorry for the delay (I have the apology letter from Porsche now! (did not want to waste your time posting it!)

New fabulous 914 catalog half way finished! Mass mailing in June?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.