Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Windshield top seal update
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
spunone
Thanks George clap56.gif
dflesburg
Just got the call, I got mine from Northland Porsche Audi in Cincinnati (surprise! all three came in no back order...) Yes they are real. Yes I got my PCA discount, No I didn't pay shipping...

Believe what ever you will. I got mine for $250 each.

I did have to drive over and pick them up!

( one is actually my fathers for a car he thinks he will never finish... one is for my car and one is just because I could.)
sixnotfour
icon_bump.gif
are the AA orders getting to people ?
rktmn247
Received mine from AA today! smilie_pokal.gif
Bartlett 914
I got mine yesterday. Came FedEx.
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(Bartlett 914 @ May 9 2007, 03:34 AM) *

I got mine yesterday. Came FedEx.

\ boldblue.gif I wasn't home yesterday when FedEx came sad.gif Now I know what the fedex tag on my door is for. I can't wait clap56.gif
Series9
Three weeks ago, I called my local Porsche dealer and put a seal on order for Liz. I was skeptical, but thought it was worth a try.

Four days later, I got a call saying it was here. I told the parts guy to put another on order for my car. I got it on Monday.

They were $260 each.

Call your dealer before the 'middle men' buy them all up and start selling them for $500 each (which WILL happen when they're gone).
John
Thanks very much George. Just as promised. I'll have to get a pic of it installed.
kconway
I received mine yesterday also. Thanks for the discount price George!
dr914@autoatlanta.com
I personally thank all of the club members for participating. Our great partipation as a clubl helped negotiate a quick delivery from Porsche, and a reasonable price for the members!
SLITS
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ May 9 2007, 12:40 PM) *

I personally thank all of the club members for participating. Our great partipation as a clubl helped negotiate a quick delivery from Porsche, and a reasonable price for the members!

Yeh .... but the rest of us (me) that had 50 seals on order (1 year 4 months 28 days with a 4K Euro cash deposit) got fuched over by Porsche.

Yep, sour grapes all right .... but Porsche took the grapes and left the fuchin' seeds.
GaroldShaffer
boldblue.gif My seal arrived today. Thanks George
Bartlett 914
QUOTE(SLITS @ May 9 2007, 11:52 AM) *

Yeh .... but the rest of us (me) that had 50 seals on order (1 year 4 months 28 days with a 4K Euro cash deposit) got fuched over by Porsche.

Yep, sour grapes all right .... but Porsche took the grapes and left the fuchin' seeds.

Hi Ron.

I feel your pain. Did you cancel your order or do they still have you waiting.
SLITS
QUOTE(Bartlett 914 @ May 9 2007, 02:55 PM) *

QUOTE(SLITS @ May 9 2007, 11:52 AM) *

Hi Ron.

I feel your pain. Did you cancel your order or do they still have you waiting.

I cancelled it and on the next trip to Germany will recover the money. Just pisses me off as the seals were destined for non-club members (yes I kept the list of those that asked for them). But the bright spot is that George was more than able to cover all those that asked me for them, so, in the end, it came out good.
Bartlett 914

I cancelled it and on the next trip to Germany will recover the money.

And they still have your money. Man does that add insult to injury!
Rick L
Mine arrived the day before yesterday (3 days after ordered). Thanx George!

clap56.gif driving.gif
Garland
I received mine yesterday. Thanks, George.

beerchug.gif
7TPorsh
Just in! like Flint!

boldblue.gif

Thanks, George....and Mr. Shippy aktion035.gif
woobn8r
My seal arrived today (May 11)...

Thanks George!
Rick L
Ok, I give. headbang.gif My hands are numb. I'm trying to install this new jewel and having a helluva time. What can I use to lube this thing that wont degrage the rubber? Or is there same magic technique to sliding the rubber into the runners? smash.gif
bd1308
glycerin I thought.
G e o r g e
Nothing here yet.......... maybe when i get home
bd1308
which seal is the $299 one?

aircooledboy
QUOTE(rleonardccemtp @ May 11 2007, 01:21 PM) *

Ok, I give. headbang.gif My hands are numb. I'm trying to install this new jewel and having a helluva time. What can I use to lube this thing that wont degrage the rubber? Or is there same magic technique to sliding the rubber into the runners? smash.gif

Spray silicone. It's what the pros use. Trust me, I used to be one. beerchug.gif
GTPatrick
FedEx vs. AA . FE has tried 2 delivery attempts , yesterday and today with only one more tomorrow . 3 max attempts before they take it back to their station and hold it for 5 days and then send it back . Even though I have a sign on my front door that points to my next door neighbor and ask to deliver it there if I'm not here . They FedEx refuse to do so because the " shipper , AA " has it marked that it must be signed for at the delivery recipient and no where else ! ! ! ! jerkit.gif

This sux big time headbang.gif because they are delivering it constantly during normal working hours , have no radio dispatch available with the driver , will only make one attempt per day and could care less because thats the rules and no exceptions are made . jerkit.gif BTW , their station is on the other side of town and I may not be able to get there before they send it back. Remember my day job prevents me from doing otherwise and tomorrow is a regular work day for me too ! ! ! Other delivery shippers, can and do drop it off at the neighbors house but since AA has marked the package as needs to be signed for at the destination address I have no recourse as to what I can do . I am at the mercy of FedEx ! ! ! ! sheeplove.gif WTF.gif

BTW , before anyone chimes in about someone else signing for it in the house, well I'm divorced and live alone. i.e I'm a one man army around here.

Just venting about this schiznitz between FedEx and AA .

George , could you call these bozo's and have them drop it off at my neighbor crib . If I don't get it and it is shipped back, I will not be a happy camper about it

Just venting here folks . I'm jealous that some folks have received theirs and had it droppede off at their front door step. Probably by FedEx .

jim_hoyland
Thank you George; the Fed Ex delivery arrived.
John
QUOTE(rleonardccemtp @ May 11 2007, 10:21 AM) *

P-80 Temporary Rubber Lubricant. Best thing I have ever tried when installing rubber seals, grommets, etc.

It works like MAGIC and then it disappears.

P-80 temporary rubber lubricant.
Bleyseng
QUOTE(GTPatrick @ May 11 2007, 06:03 PM) *

FedEx vs. AA . FE has tried 2 delivery attempts , yesterday and today with only one more tomorrow . 3 max attempts before they take it back to their station and hold it for 5 days and then send it back . Even though I have a sign on my front door that points to my next door neighbor and ask to deliver it there if I'm not here . They FedEx refuse to do so because the " shipper , AA " has it marked that it must be signed for at the delivery recipient and no where else ! ! ! ! jerkit.gif

This sux big time headbang.gif because they are delivering it constantly during normal working hours , have no radio dispatch available with the driver , will only make one attempt per day and could care less because thats the rules and no exceptions are made . jerkit.gif BTW , their station is on the other side of town and I may not be able to get there before they send it back. Remember my day job prevents me from doing otherwise and tomorrow is a regular work day for me too ! ! ! Other delivery shippers, can and do drop it off at the neighbors house but since AA has marked the package as needs to be signed for at the destination address I have no recourse as to what I can do . I am at the mercy of FedEx ! ! ! ! sheeplove.gif WTF.gif

BTW , before anyone chimes in about someone else signing for it in the house, well I'm divorced and live alone. i.e I'm a one man army around here.

George , could you call these bozo's and have them drop it off at my neighbor crib . If I don't get it and it is shipped back, I will not be a happy camper about it

Just venting here folks . I'm jealous that some folks have received theirs and had it droppede off at their front door step. Probably by FedEx .

Jake has the same policy with FEDEx but he did change it for me as What a pain to drive to Kent (2hrs) up pick up my parts as the drivers wouldn't drop it off.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ May 12 2007, 01:13 PM) *

QUOTE(GTPatrick @ May 11 2007, 06:03 PM) *

Jake has the same policy with FEDEx but he did change it for me as What a pain to drive to Kent (2hrs) up pick up my parts as the drivers wouldn't drop it off.

I assigned this to our shipper first thing monday. Always happens that if we say no sig required that the customer never receives the part!!!! We were very worried that with the expense of this part that if we said no sig required (and this feature costs us an extra 2.00 bucks or so per shipment) that of course packages would be stolen and we of course would be left holding the bag!!!!!!! I am SURE that you can understand!!
Phoenix-MN
Received mine by Fed-X today piratenanner.gif I had the same issue with delivery and having to sign for it, I'm a single dad and no one is home durring the week. I just called Fed-X's 800 number and scheduled it for Saturday delivery. Done deal, thanks George.
GTPatrick
[quote name='dr914@autoatlanta.com' date='May 12 2007, 12:46 PM' post='899798']
[quote name='Bleyseng' post='899791' date='May 12 2007, 01:13 PM']
I assigned this to our shipper first thing monday. Always happens that if we say no sig required that the customer never receives the part!!!! We were very worried that with the expense of this part that if we said no sig required (and this feature costs us an extra 2.00 bucks or so per shipment) that of course packages would be stolen and we of course would be left holding the bag!!!!!!! I am SURE that you can understand!!
[/quote]

Well , I just got mine today after the third attempt by FedEx .m Thanks George.

BTW George , signing for it was not the issue because I know where you're coming from and agree that you have to cya yourself business wise on lost, stolen, etc. packages or you'd loose $$$ . The problem was that fedex would not let my neighbor sign for it even though this has been done for in the past , even for stuff that was more expensive than the seal was . Oh well , dealing with a large corporate bureacracy does have its moments.

Anways , a big thanks to George and AA for getting this rubber seal . beer.gif Now only if a package deal for all the other seals can be created. blink.gif
Rick L
QUOTE(John @ May 12 2007, 12:22 AM) *

QUOTE(rleonardccemtp @ May 11 2007, 10:21 AM) *

P-80 Temporary Rubber Lubricant. Best thing I have ever tried when installing rubber seals, grommets, etc.

It works like MAGIC and then it disappears.

P-80 temporary rubber lubricant.

Cool, Thanx. I just ordered some. smilie_pokal.gif
martin914
just recevied mine today by fedex just perfect finally i have one clap56.gif thanks very much george smilie_pokal.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.