Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Model Specific Information

914/4: 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 914/6: 70 71 72

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 914 VW-Porsche Badge
jonferns
post Apr 18 2007, 09:04 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,631
Region Association: North East States

hey! just wondering...the badges that go on the rear, were specified for us-spec/euro-spec 914's. right??? the reason I ask this is because I wonder whether the 914 VW-Porsche badge would look out of place on a '74 1.8....thanks for the help
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
smg914
post May 5 2007, 04:03 PM
Post #2

Sahara Beige Steve

Member No.: 1,695
Region Association: None

QUOTE(sendjonathanmail @ Apr 18 2007, 07:04 PM) *

hey! just wondering...the badges that go on the rear, were specified for us-spec/euro-spec 914's. right??? the reason I ask this is because I wonder whether the 914 VW-Porsche badge would look out of place on a '74 1.8....thanks for the help

You would have to drill a bunch of new holes and the holes that are already there don't line up and can not be used for the Euro emblem.
+Quote Post
Pat Garvey
post May 5 2007, 06:32 PM
Post #3

Do I or don't I...........?

Member No.: 5,765

I wouldn't do it. Looks cute, but aside from all the extra holes you'd have to drill (shudder!), which would have to welded over if you change your mind, you probably have side marker lights, USA rear lenses & front, and a steering wheel that you'd have to change to make a simple badge look right.

I've had a couple of these insignias for 30+ years, but never the guts to use them. If I ever buy a Euro 914, I'll use them then. Conversation pieces only right now.
Pat
+Quote Post
Pat Garvey
post Nov 13 2007, 08:14 PM
Post #4

Do I or don't I...........?

Member No.: 5,765

QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ May 5 2007, 07:32 PM) *

I wouldn't do it. Looks cute, but aside from all the extra holes you'd have to drill (shudder!), which would have to welded over if you change your mind, you probably have side marker lights, USA rear lenses & front, and a steering wheel that you'd have to change to make a simple badge look right.

I've had a couple of these insignias for 30+ years, but never the guts to use them. If I ever buy a Euro 914, I'll use them then. Conversation pieces only right now.
Pat

Changed my mind! Some of this crap has to go. Just threw 2 dissasembled 150 mph speedos in the trash, along with a number of unusable 914 parts - most have been around for too many years to be usable.

Anyway, one "914-VW-Porsche" bad is still left. Never used. Owned since the 70's. Black finish. PN 914.559.111.10. Any interest?

Never mind - I should put this in the classifieds to give everyone a fair shot at it.

Pat
+Quote Post
jonferns
post Nov 18 2007, 11:20 AM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 7,631

pat, you have a PM -JON (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 01:59 AM