Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Convert Red 71 Back to FI, Found Original FI
Spoke
post Apr 30 2007, 09:27 PM
Post #1

Jerry

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,031
Region Association: None

Last week I visited Klasse 356 just to say hi. They're prepping to move into a new crib so lots of cleaning up, throwing out.

On my way out, Chris hands me a printer box full of the FI stuff from my red 71. The PO, a friend of Chris's dad, bought my 71 from a church member and brought it to Klasse 356 to get it running right as well as much needed hell hole repair and other rust repairs.

Apparently the engine was not running at all or running very poorly. So the easy fix was off with the FI and on with a single progressive 2-barrel Weber. I've since replace the progressive with dual Weber IDF40's.

Here's what was in the box. I think the only items missing are the fuel pump and air cleaner. I think if I test all the parts before assembly I should be able to get this thing running on the FI. I have several FI parts from a previous engine.

I have a 1.8L engine ready to go into the 71 so I can test and build the FI with the engine out of the car.

Am I crazy or what? The dual carbs run good but I would like to get the FI running again. I would like to do this on the cheap since I'm not sure it will run. I was told that either VW or Audi fuel pumps would work and the local pic-n-pull has a couple of cars and charges like $8 for a fuel pump.

Not sure what the safety belt at the bottom is from. I think the bar at the bottom is from a 356 soft top.

Spoke

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 08:13 AM