Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Convert Red 71 Back to FI
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Spoke
Last week I visited Klasse 356 just to say hi. They're prepping to move into a new crib so lots of cleaning up, throwing out.

On my way out, Chris hands me a printer box full of the FI stuff from my red 71. The PO, a friend of Chris's dad, bought my 71 from a church member and brought it to Klasse 356 to get it running right as well as much needed hell hole repair and other rust repairs.

Apparently the engine was not running at all or running very poorly. So the easy fix was off with the FI and on with a single progressive 2-barrel Weber. I've since replace the progressive with dual Weber IDF40's.

Here's what was in the box. I think the only items missing are the fuel pump and air cleaner. I think if I test all the parts before assembly I should be able to get this thing running on the FI. I have several FI parts from a previous engine.

I have a 1.8L engine ready to go into the 71 so I can test and build the FI with the engine out of the car.

Am I crazy or what? The dual carbs run good but I would like to get the FI running again. I would like to do this on the cheap since I'm not sure it will run. I was told that either VW or Audi fuel pumps would work and the local pic-n-pull has a couple of cars and charges like $8 for a fuel pump.

Not sure what the safety belt at the bottom is from. I think the bar at the bottom is from a 356 soft top.

Spoke
Bleyseng
Looks like its all there...

send out injectors for cleaning
order new fuel injection hose
order proper fuel injection hose clamps
clean and inspect dizzy..

etc.... driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.