Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Is this shift rod bent?
Gudhjem
post May 1 2007, 04:49 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,629
Region Association: Northern California

While pulling my shift rod to replace the 3 shift bushings and cone screws, I noticed the crown bushing in back was very loose inside its housing. The hole is sets into is a nice oval. I suppose I'lll go the JB Weld route, and see how that works.

The shift rod itself also looks to be worn where it slides through the crown bushing (see pic). It also looks like it might be bent, which could explain all the wear in the crown bushing housing. I know the bar isn't suppossed to be straight, but I would have though that the ends would at least have to sit on the same 2 planes. Mine doesn't look like it does,at least not exactly.

Anyone know if this is how the shift rod is supposed to look, more or less? This is from a '73 2.0 side-shifter.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 03:58 PM