Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914 wheels will they fit?
brilliantrot
post May 3 2007, 09:44 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,699

I want to get a set of new wheels for my autocross car and have finally settled on Dimond steelies because they are cheap and not overly heavy (16pounds?). I am however wondering about what backspacing to order. I would like to run a 15x7 rim with 205-50-15 nitto NT-01's to stay in AP class because of the 100 tread wear rating. From what i understand a 15x7 with aproxamately a 5inch back spacing should fit but i just testfitted 15x7 cookie cutter rim with that tire from my dad's 912E to see if it looked like it would fit and it lookes really close. I am curently runing 195-55-15 yoko AVS ES 100's on American Racing 8 spoke vw rims (EMPI knock offs) and slightly rolled fenders with a finger withs clearence. My alignment in the back is 2.5 degrees negative camber and .07 toe out. I also have #140 springs on old Koni reds on full stiff if it makes a difference. Will i be able to fit these wheels or should i get 6.5s? Any advice would help because i would prefer not to pull the fenders anymore because the car was just painted and there is some bondo on the lower rear edge of driver the fender (fell off a jack PO). Fyi it is still a fourlug 1.9 on carbs with some other tweeks.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 10:00 PM