Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Paint and Rotisserie opinions, take it off the Rot, or leave it on.
VaccaRabite
post May 4 2007, 08:21 AM
Post #1

En Garde!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,435
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

So, last night I was looking at my tub as it sat on the rotisserie. The bottom is done. I need to to some final sanding to the cabin and trunks, and then I can start masking spraying the epoxy primer.

I was thinking at first to take the car off the rotisserie first, and then paint it on jackstands. Now I am not too sure.

On one hand, it iwll be way easier to paint the trunks, cabin and gas compartment with the car on the rotisserie. Sanding the build primre will also be easier on the rotesserie. On the other hand, the car is far more likely to be scratched removing the car from the Rot, and masking the underside might be easier with it on jackstands.

So, opinions are wanted. On or Off? Epoxy primer and build primer on, and color off? Choices choices....

And with that, I must leave you to boldly walk into a dreary multi-hour meeting. Lets just hope it gets cut a bit short.

Zach
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th May 2024 - 08:53 AM