Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Paint and Rotisserie opinions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
VaccaRabite
So, last night I was looking at my tub as it sat on the rotisserie. The bottom is done. I need to to some final sanding to the cabin and trunks, and then I can start masking spraying the epoxy primer.

I was thinking at first to take the car off the rotisserie first, and then paint it on jackstands. Now I am not too sure.

On one hand, it iwll be way easier to paint the trunks, cabin and gas compartment with the car on the rotisserie. Sanding the build primre will also be easier on the rotesserie. On the other hand, the car is far more likely to be scratched removing the car from the Rot, and masking the underside might be easier with it on jackstands.

So, opinions are wanted. On or Off? Epoxy primer and build primer on, and color off? Choices choices....

And with that, I must leave you to boldly walk into a dreary multi-hour meeting. Lets just hope it gets cut a bit short.

Zach
Bartlett 914
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ May 4 2007, 06:21 AM) *

So, last night I was looking at my tub as it sat on the rotisserie. The bottom is done. I need to to some final sanding to the cabin and trunks, and then I can start masking spraying the epoxy primer.

I was thinking at first to take the car off the rotisserie first, and then paint it on jackstands. Now I am not too sure.

On one hand, it iwll be way easier to paint the trunks, cabin and gas compartment with the car on the rotisserie. Sanding the build primre will also be easier on the rotesserie. On the other hand, the car is far more likely to be scratched removing the car from the Rot, and masking the underside might be easier with it on jackstands.

So, opinions are wanted. On or Off? Epoxy primer and build primer on, and color off? Choices choices....

And with that, I must leave you to boldly walk into a dreary multi-hour meeting. Lets just hope it gets cut a bit short.

Zach

I am interested in hearing from others with experience with this as well. You are a little ahead of me. My car in on the rot but I still have some repairs to make. My plan is to stay on the rot for the painting. This will leave the attachments at the bumpers not painted and they will have to be touched up later. My Rot has a problem with 2 wheels that need to be repaired. Otherwise it rolls easily. How easily does yours roll? Maybe it is best to have 2 people help in moving the cat around just to male sure something doesn't get bumped.
Bartlett 914
Here is Michel Richard's car on a rotisserie being painted.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...34896&st=40
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(Bartlett 914 @ May 4 2007, 11:50 AM) *

QUOTE(michel richard @ Oct 15 2005, 02:45 PM) *

The painter is very friendly and he called me over to his shop around noon today (Saturday) to make sure the color is right, It's Conda green. I can now say it will be visible from quite a distance ! It's a very bright color.

Cheers.

Michel

So funny! This is the same color I am going mine!
The guy that mixed the paint at Kunkles (FLAutoPaintS) said "Thats a _really_ pretty green."

Zach
Bartlett 914
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ May 4 2007, 10:31 AM) *

QUOTE(Bartlett 914 @ May 4 2007, 11:50 AM) *

QUOTE(michel richard @ Oct 15 2005, 02:45 PM) *

The painter is very friendly and he called me over to his shop around noon today (Saturday) to make sure the color is right, It's Conda green. I can now say it will be visible from quite a distance ! It's a very bright color.

Cheers.

Michel

So funny! This is the same color I am going mine!
The guy that mixed the paint at Kunkles (FLAutoPaintS) said "Thats a _really_ pretty green."

Zach

That is so cool. I am glad I found the thread. That IS a neat color. His thread was the first car I had seen on a rotisserie. I realized it would be great for painting the trunks etc. What surprised me most was that he delivered the car to the painter on the rotisserie. Every picture I have since seen of others painting their cars have been on stands or on the cars wheels.
GaroldShaffer
I know Doug leggins had his car done while on the rotisserie.
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif
Man seems like a no brainer to me ,leave it on the ROt , any thing to make it easer. Dave slap.gif
VaccaRabite
Ok, it seems like my origional thoughts were just going to make lif harder on me. I'll leave it on the rig, and paint it like that. I'll just need to be more careful when I remove it.

Zach
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.