Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> SVR Series Autocross #1 Saturday May 12th, San Joaquin County Fairgrounds Stockton
ConeDodger
post May 4 2007, 09:47 AM
Post #1

Apex killer!

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,380
Region Association: Northern California

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/MDB2.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif)

Morning check in and tech 7:30am - 8:30am

Late check in and tech 11:30am - 12:30pm

First car out 9:00am, No open exhaust, $35.00 per entered driver...

If you have come to Stockton before Matt plans a very different course from what you have seen... (Not sure I like that)

We should get lots of runs! Bring your Mom!!!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(20 - 29)
McMark
post May 15 2007, 01:24 AM
Post #21

914 Freak!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 419
Region Association: None

You make the event, you make the rules. Step up! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post May 15 2007, 09:51 AM
Post #22

Apex killer!

QUOTE(McMark @ May 15 2007, 12:24 AM) *

You make the event, you make the rules. Step up! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

It really isn't a matter of "making the rules" either... Although you make a good point Mark, some of these people who are always complaining should step up and make an effort - selflessly - for someone else instead of enjoying the hard work of others and complaining when it doesn't suit them.
We did what we had to do to run the event and get our own runs in. I paid my money too. I should get to run, even if that means I have to run back to back runs. Which by the way, I couldn't have if everyone else wasn't done. What did all of your people who "noticed" propose that I should do? Should I have waited 15 minutes between runs and held up the event finish?

I guess you really didn't know what you were talking about did you Martin?
+Quote Post
Martin Baker
post May 16 2007, 08:32 PM
Post #23

I just heard I sold my cars!

Member No.: 290

This I do know...No mater what you or your Buddy types...everyone knows its in poor taste to do what you did, and if anyone else did it you 100% would bitch up a storm. You can say whatever you like, but this why you have gotten SO bent out of shape. I find it very funny myself....Maybe you should get up at 3:30AM next time, so have time to get gas before the event, and put a starter on your car so you don't have to drag it through a gravel parking lot to start it...LOL
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post May 16 2007, 09:39 PM
Post #24

Apex killer!

This is such a common mistake. Reading what someone types and imagining a tone of voice or mood. I am not the least bit bent out of shape. I find this amusing...
+Quote Post
grantsfo
post May 16 2007, 09:48 PM
Post #25

Arrrrhhhh!

Member No.: 433

From my experience its pretty much accepted that AX organizers and instructors get some level of advantage in running back to back etc. However they are sacraficing focus and time by instructing or managing the event.

And you know ....some smart AX drivers know how to put themselves into situation where they might just have high probablity of back to back runs without being an organizer.

I think anyone who seriously complains about this might want to just focus on their driving rather than worrying if somones tires are marginally warmer than theirs. Especially when running DOT rubber.

+Quote Post
DanT
post May 16 2007, 10:14 PM
Post #26

Going back to the Dark Side!

Member No.: 2,880

QUOTE(grantsfo @ May 16 2007, 08:48 PM) *

From my experience its pretty much accepted that AX organizers and instructors get some level of advantage in running back to back etc. However they are sacraficing focus and time by instructing or managing the event.

And you know ....some smart AX drivers know how to put themselves into situation where they might just have high probablity of back to back runs without being an organizer.

I think anyone who seriously complains about this might want to just focus on their driving rather than worrying if somones tires are marginally warmer than theirs. Especially when running DOT rubber.

You are right Grant. At the last GGR event of 2006 at Alameda I was running in the last group. There were two or three places on the back side of the course that I had designed where a cone was very probably going to be hit. I had 4 reruns due to finding a down cone at the same place 4 times in a row. Stop, point to it and ask for a rerun... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
The excuse of the course workers after the event was that they did not have enough time to replace the cone, since it was hit by 4 different drivers I was following on 4 different reruns. And I was closing on the driver in front of me every time. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)
Was that illegal....no, just a happenstance of that event...
It was kind of poetic since I had the very last run of the day and I did design the course.
And no, what Rob did is not out of the ordinary for AX chairs, course designers or even sometimes instructors that due to time constraints they get back to back runs. Should it happen as a matter of habit, no. But it does occurr. Being in charge and setting up these events is no cake walk... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

instructors have an advantage at every event...they are getting at least twice as many looks at any particular course and sometimes more if they have more than one student.
Also, years ago in Zone 7, an instructor could not ride with a student until they had at least one run in their own car, so they could not see the course at speed. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post May 16 2007, 10:15 PM
Post #27

Apex killer!

QUOTE(grantsfo @ May 16 2007, 08:48 PM) *

I consider "serious complain" to be AT THE EVENT TO THE EVENT MASTER!!!

I never even for a moment considered running my runs back to back as an advantage. I was just trying to keep the event moving by not climbing in and out of two cars six times. All my times for five runs are within 2 seconds of each other. With the last time the best. I would call that just learning the course.

Anyone who complains about my tired old Victoracers which were on the car before Jim Chambers owned it needs to focus on their driving.

Anyone who thinks my CIS S spec motor is the same as an S spec motor needs to check there facts.

I will admit to one advantage. I got to see the course on paper before others did.

Thanks for your very well put response Grant.
+Quote Post
street legal go-kart
post May 16 2007, 10:32 PM
Post #28

Miss Mari's slave

Member No.: 490

With all the queefing and moaning this place sounds more and more like "The Old Place " everyday.

Man up and do more than the minimum, you to can share in the percieved advantages....

JT
+Quote Post
street legal go-kart
post May 16 2007, 10:35 PM
Post #29

Miss Mari's slave

Member No.: 490

P.S.

When you pull the narrow body Group 5 nose off the Bumblebee , I'm First in line.

JT
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post May 16 2007, 11:05 PM
Post #30

Apex killer!

QUOTE(street legal go-kart @ May 16 2007, 09:35 PM) *

P.S.

When you pull the narrow body Group 5 nose off the Bumblebee , I'm First in line.

JT

You got it... Like I said, all I want is a fiberglass front bumper and an LE spoler for it. Even that is negotiable...
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 01:15 PM