Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Parade Autocross, Who wants to try to beat this guy?
ConeDodger
post May 8 2007, 08:55 PM
Post #1

Apex killer!

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,380
Region Association: Northern California

I suspect this is going to be a long course given the location at the old Jack Murphy Stadium... My money is on Provasi or Nieslony... Any other suspects???

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Dave_Darling
post May 8 2007, 11:47 PM
Post #2

914 Idiot

Member No.: 121

Provasi. Nieslony is good, but Tom has always been very tough to beat. With that big Six behind him, he is just about impossible.

Hmmm.... Though higher speeds would probably let the more modern cars really shine... It's still tough to beat Provasi! He really is that good.

I'll be running P02, hoping to trophy again. Lisa will be trying to repeat as P02L champion. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

--DD
+Quote Post
grantsfo
post May 9 2007, 08:44 AM
Post #3

Arrrrhhhh!

Member No.: 433
Region Association: None

I think if Andrew B were to take a trip down to So Cal he could take care of beating Tom P as he has locally. Andrew had a fairly wide margin on Steve N at our last AX and Hamilton Racing is still sorting out the new big motor from what I have read on the board. Nathan B was able to get within a second of that Tom on a technical course in his old T4 powered car on 205 width DOT tires. I think even I might be able to give him a run for his money If I ran slicks and a car tuned for AX. He isnt unbeatable as a driver its just finding a car that has similar capbilities as that monster machine . I have seen his times bettered by other drivers several times at local events.

I think we have a few cars now in Nor Cal that might give him a run for his money, but I think few of us are planning to drive to San Diego for this cone dodging excercise.
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post May 9 2007, 09:18 AM
Post #4

Apex killer!

Member No.: 3,380

Historically Nieslony, Provasi, and Blyholder trade wins all the time. Each one has either had his day or a bad day that makes him vulnerable to the others. They are all very well matched. But, if Parade is running the big open course I think they will be running, I have to give it to Tom Provasi at this point.
+Quote Post
J P Stein
post May 9 2007, 11:18 AM
Post #5

Irrelevant old fart

Member No.: 45

On a big open course at the last Parade, Provasi beat Steve by 4-5 seconds....
I would expect the SD course to be something similar except the high speed will probably be higher. Last time they ran Parade at SD, top speeds were on the order of 120+ mph, IIRC....and I hear Fordahl is going to play.
3rd place is still open tho (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
nebreitling
post May 9 2007, 10:43 PM
Post #6

Member Emeritus

Member No.: 478

Provasi's going to be hard to beat on a long course. on a short, techincal course, my money would be on blyholder.
+Quote Post
Chris Hamilton
post May 12 2007, 03:46 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 5,687

Andrew and I will be at Parade in San Diego this year, and the new motor should have it's EFI sorted out by then hopefully.
+Quote Post
john rogers
post May 27 2007, 10:47 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 391

To fuel the rumoers a bit more, from what I heard the Provasi's are not bringing their car, the Fordhal's have not registered and neither has James Gunn-Wilkerson and the same with several other contenders that usually are good for TTOD. I did hear that the Otto's 914 is making the trip from Venice Beach to try for TTOD so we'll see??!!
+Quote Post
Chris Hamilton
post May 28 2007, 12:33 AM
Post #9

QUOTE(john rogers @ May 27 2007, 09:47 PM) *

To fuel the rumoers a bit more, from what I heard the Provasi's are not bringing their car, the Fordhal's have not registered and neither has James Gunn-Wilkerson and the same with several other contenders that usually are good for TTOD. I did hear that the Otto's 914 is making the trip from Venice Beach to try for TTOD so we'll see??!!

I don't understand why the Provasi's wouldn't be bringing the car, I mean the parade is closer to their region than ever, and I though Tom P was the parade autocross chair?
+Quote Post
grantsfo
post May 28 2007, 01:38 AM
Post #10

Arrrrhhhh!

Member No.: 433

QUOTE(Chris Hamilton @ May 27 2007, 10:33 PM) *

I don't understand why the Provasi's wouldn't be bringing the car, I mean the parade is closer to their region than ever, and I though Tom P was the parade autocross chair?

Hey! ..go with it! Now fastest guy is out of the picture you guys have even better chance of being in top 10 at a National event.

This post has been edited by grantsfo: May 28 2007, 01:39 AM
+Quote Post
Chris Hamilton
post May 28 2007, 11:58 AM
Post #11

QUOTE(grantsfo @ May 28 2007, 12:38 AM) *

QUOTE(Chris Hamilton @ May 27 2007, 10:33 PM) *

Hey! ..go with it! Now fastest guy is out of the picture you guys have even better chance of being in top 10 at a National event.

Top 10? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/slap.gif) We're there for TTOD (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)
+Quote Post
john rogers
post May 28 2007, 01:52 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 391

The Dente's are the auto-x chairs and from what I hear the course is going to be VERY technical and take adbvantage of the slight hill that the "Q" has at the north end and have some off-camber turns! It should rival a national Pro-Solo course and rememebr you only get THREE runs!!!!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 01:11 PM