Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Lower fire wall, I need pics
obscurity
post May 9 2007, 12:30 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,628
Region Association: South East States

Does anyone have a picture of or a link to a lower fire wall replacement panel? I am interested what the available panels look like as it hits the longitudinal under the battery. Also who carries them?

Thanks,
John
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
dr914@autoatlanta.com
post May 9 2007, 12:35 PM
Post #2

914 Guru

Member No.: 7,418
Region Association: None

QUOTE(obscurity @ May 9 2007, 11:30 AM) *

Does anyone have a picture of or a link to a lower fire wall replacement panel? I am interested what the available panels look like as it hits the longitudinal under the battery. Also who carries them?

Thanks,
John

john there of course is a lower inner and outer firewall. the outer is about five inches high and runs from one heater tube opening to the other. the inner firewall is two pieces about eight inches high and runs from the rocker panel at the lower seat belt bolt area to the middle of the center tunnel. The drivers side has the two holes for the emergency brake cables.
+Quote Post
Bartlett 914
post May 9 2007, 01:46 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,707
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ May 9 2007, 10:35 AM) *

QUOTE(obscurity @ May 9 2007, 11:30 AM) *

Thanks,
John

john there of course is a lower inner and outer firewall. the outer is about five inches high and runs from one heater tube opening to the other. the inner firewall is two pieces about eight inches high and runs from the rocker panel at the lower seat belt bolt area to the middle of the center tunnel. The drivers side has the two holes for the emergency brake cables.

I replaced the inner and outer firewall recently. The inner is a piece of cake. The outer is a real PITA. I cut mine vertically to get it on over the heater pipes. Other cut it differently. One problem is with the shifter fittings. There is no lip to install the shifter boot. There is a plate welded behind the Firewall for the shift rod. This also is not included and must be removed from the old and installed. Then there are the heater cable lines, the clutch cable tube and the accelerator cable tube. I replaced all them. I had the tub on a rotisserie and replaced the floor pans. The inner firewall pieced were from RD. the rear is from AA.

Attached Image

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Bartlett 914
post May 9 2007, 01:52 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

More pics

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
IronHillRestorations
post May 9 2007, 02:01 PM
Post #5

I. I. R. C.

Member No.: 439

Here's a pic of a early NOS lower firewall. This could be used in a later car, but you'd have to graft the later style shift boot flange on. PM me if you are interested. I've got a couple.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Bartlett 914
post May 9 2007, 03:51 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

QUOTE(9146986 @ May 9 2007, 12:01 PM) *

Here's a pic of a early NOS lower firewall. This could be used in a later car, but you'd have to graft the later style shift boot flange on. PM me if you are interested. I've got a couple.

RD no longer has the outer firewall. With the one from AA, you need to graft the boot flange anyway. You also need to install the plate on the back side for the shift rod.
+Quote Post
swood
post May 9 2007, 08:32 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 251

Hey Mark, Any chance you have a close up view from more underneath the center tunnel? That's a really cool view of what's in there.
+Quote Post
Bartlett 914
post May 9 2007, 08:34 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

QUOTE(swood @ May 9 2007, 06:32 PM) *

Hey Mark, Any chance you have a close up view from more underneath the center tunnel? That's a really cool view of what's in there.

Started a thread to show tunnel pics.
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...mp;#entry898792
+Quote Post
obscurity
post May 11 2007, 03:39 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 5,628
Region Association: South East States

How interchangable are the two versions of the firewall. I currently have the early trans. and need to proceed like that is the end goal but would love to hear that you could really use either fire wall with either trans. I have heard if a lot of people changing out transmissions but don't recall part of the discussion being a need to alter the firewall.

Thanks for the help
John
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th May 2024 - 03:21 PM