Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lower fire wall
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
obscurity
Does anyone have a picture of or a link to a lower fire wall replacement panel? I am interested what the available panels look like as it hits the longitudinal under the battery. Also who carries them?

Thanks,
John
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(obscurity @ May 9 2007, 11:30 AM) *

Does anyone have a picture of or a link to a lower fire wall replacement panel? I am interested what the available panels look like as it hits the longitudinal under the battery. Also who carries them?

Thanks,
John

john there of course is a lower inner and outer firewall. the outer is about five inches high and runs from one heater tube opening to the other. the inner firewall is two pieces about eight inches high and runs from the rocker panel at the lower seat belt bolt area to the middle of the center tunnel. The drivers side has the two holes for the emergency brake cables.
Bartlett 914
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ May 9 2007, 10:35 AM) *

QUOTE(obscurity @ May 9 2007, 11:30 AM) *

Thanks,
John

john there of course is a lower inner and outer firewall. the outer is about five inches high and runs from one heater tube opening to the other. the inner firewall is two pieces about eight inches high and runs from the rocker panel at the lower seat belt bolt area to the middle of the center tunnel. The drivers side has the two holes for the emergency brake cables.

I replaced the inner and outer firewall recently. The inner is a piece of cake. The outer is a real PITA. I cut mine vertically to get it on over the heater pipes. Other cut it differently. One problem is with the shifter fittings. There is no lip to install the shifter boot. There is a plate welded behind the Firewall for the shift rod. This also is not included and must be removed from the old and installed. Then there are the heater cable lines, the clutch cable tube and the accelerator cable tube. I replaced all them. I had the tub on a rotisserie and replaced the floor pans. The inner firewall pieced were from RD. the rear is from AA.

Click to view attachment
Bartlett 914
More pics
IronHillRestorations
Here's a pic of a early NOS lower firewall. This could be used in a later car, but you'd have to graft the later style shift boot flange on. PM me if you are interested. I've got a couple.
Bartlett 914
QUOTE(9146986 @ May 9 2007, 12:01 PM) *

Here's a pic of a early NOS lower firewall. This could be used in a later car, but you'd have to graft the later style shift boot flange on. PM me if you are interested. I've got a couple.

RD no longer has the outer firewall. With the one from AA, you need to graft the boot flange anyway. You also need to install the plate on the back side for the shift rod.
swood
Hey Mark, Any chance you have a close up view from more underneath the center tunnel? That's a really cool view of what's in there.
Bartlett 914
QUOTE(swood @ May 9 2007, 06:32 PM) *

Hey Mark, Any chance you have a close up view from more underneath the center tunnel? That's a really cool view of what's in there.

Started a thread to show tunnel pics.
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...mp;#entry898792
obscurity
How interchangable are the two versions of the firewall. I currently have the early trans. and need to proceed like that is the end goal but would love to hear that you could really use either fire wall with either trans. I have heard if a lot of people changing out transmissions but don't recall part of the discussion being a need to alter the firewall.

Thanks for the help
John
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.