Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> my first time...
GrayMatter
post May 11 2007, 06:37 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,570

I pulled my first engine last night! wow! what an experience! it took my friend and I from 9pm to 1am to get it out. would have been done sooner if we didn't have to deal with the DAPO's stripped CV bolts.

well, i've been talking about and dreaming about my conversion for years now, and I am finally getting closer!

i sold my 2.0L last sunday, pulled it last night, and it is sitting on a furniture dolly waiting to be picked up. i have sepparated the engine and tranny since the attached picture was taken.

Cheers!
Chris.
'71 RX-914

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
G e o r g e
post May 11 2007, 06:43 PM
Post #2

Dr

Member No.: 4,832
Region Association: None

QUOTE(GrayMatter @ May 11 2007, 05:37 PM) *

I pulled my first engine last night! wow! what an experience! it took my friend and I from 9pm to 1am to get it out. would have been done sooner if we didn't have to deal with the DAPO's stripped CV bolts.

well, i've been talking about and dreaming about my conversion for years now, and I am finally getting closer!

i sold my 2.0L last sunday, pulled it last night, and it is sitting on a furniture dolly waiting to be picked up. i have sepparated the engine and tranny since the attached picture was taken.

Cheers!
Chris.
'71 RX-914

good job on the engine pull

engine doesn't look like a 2 ltr 4 stud heads 1.7/1.8 cooling tin (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
+Quote Post
GrayMatter
post May 11 2007, 06:49 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 4,570

QUOTE(George H. @ May 11 2007, 05:43 PM) *

good job on the engine pull

engine doesn't look like a 2 ltr 4 stud heads 1.7/1.8 cooling tin (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

Thanks!

it didn't begin it's life as a 2L. the PO had trouble with the FI and rather than fix it, he had his mechanic add the carbs and 2L P/C. i know the case is a 1.8, but i didn't know about the heads.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th May 2024 - 11:29 PM