Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: my first time...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GrayMatter
I pulled my first engine last night! wow! what an experience! it took my friend and I from 9pm to 1am to get it out. would have been done sooner if we didn't have to deal with the DAPO's stripped CV bolts.

well, i've been talking about and dreaming about my conversion for years now, and I am finally getting closer!

i sold my 2.0L last sunday, pulled it last night, and it is sitting on a furniture dolly waiting to be picked up. i have sepparated the engine and tranny since the attached picture was taken.

Cheers!
Chris.
'71 RX-914
G e o r g e
QUOTE(GrayMatter @ May 11 2007, 05:37 PM) *

I pulled my first engine last night! wow! what an experience! it took my friend and I from 9pm to 1am to get it out. would have been done sooner if we didn't have to deal with the DAPO's stripped CV bolts.

well, i've been talking about and dreaming about my conversion for years now, and I am finally getting closer!

i sold my 2.0L last sunday, pulled it last night, and it is sitting on a furniture dolly waiting to be picked up. i have sepparated the engine and tranny since the attached picture was taken.

Cheers!
Chris.
'71 RX-914

good job on the engine pull

engine doesn't look like a 2 ltr 4 stud heads 1.7/1.8 cooling tin confused24.gif
GrayMatter
QUOTE(George H. @ May 11 2007, 05:43 PM) *

good job on the engine pull

engine doesn't look like a 2 ltr 4 stud heads 1.7/1.8 cooling tin confused24.gif

Thanks!

it didn't begin it's life as a 2L. the PO had trouble with the FI and rather than fix it, he had his mechanic add the carbs and 2L P/C. i know the case is a 1.8, but i didn't know about the heads.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.