Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> OT: Tuning with a wideband - Gods gift to tuning!, just thought I'd share my joy.
snflupigus
post May 13 2007, 07:54 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,163
Region Association: None

So I have a 92 Camaro shown below. 305, Throttle body injection, Tuned Port heads and cam, headers, 1.6 rockers, performer intake, etc.. Maybe.. MAYBE 250hp 300 lb/ft.

I have been trying to tune the thing for nearly a year... first using the stock ecm and O2 and some software getting slow datalogging out of the ALDL connector. Then got a chip emulator so I didnt have to burn the ancient technology 16k chips. Then I bought an amazing updated ECM w/ something called Embedded Lockers - http://dynamicefi.com/ Superfast datalogging and auto VE learn functionality teamed with the emulator I can tune in realtime with full datalog at highspeed.... and then added the wideband LC-1 -- BOOM! Now I'm cookin with gas. The car finally runs flawlessly, no surging, no stutter, no dying at idle, no fouling of plugs!

If you ever plan on doing any tuning. I now know that its not something you ease into. You have to get ALL the right tools off the bat or you'll have no success.

I think my next challenge is modifying this method to converting a Type 4 to GM thottle body injection using old Crossfire throttle bodies over custom intake manifolds.

Will update when that happens. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
McMark
post May 13 2007, 08:02 PM
Post #2

914 Freak!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 419
Region Association: None

Very cool! I've got an LM-1 that's come in very handy. Good stuff.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th May 2024 - 08:02 AM