Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Tuning with a wideband - Gods gift to tuning!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
snflupigus
So I have a 92 Camaro shown below. 305, Throttle body injection, Tuned Port heads and cam, headers, 1.6 rockers, performer intake, etc.. Maybe.. MAYBE 250hp 300 lb/ft.

I have been trying to tune the thing for nearly a year... first using the stock ecm and O2 and some software getting slow datalogging out of the ALDL connector. Then got a chip emulator so I didnt have to burn the ancient technology 16k chips. Then I bought an amazing updated ECM w/ something called Embedded Lockers - http://dynamicefi.com/ Superfast datalogging and auto VE learn functionality teamed with the emulator I can tune in realtime with full datalog at highspeed.... and then added the wideband LC-1 -- BOOM! Now I'm cookin with gas. The car finally runs flawlessly, no surging, no stutter, no dying at idle, no fouling of plugs!

If you ever plan on doing any tuning. I now know that its not something you ease into. You have to get ALL the right tools off the bat or you'll have no success.

I think my next challenge is modifying this method to converting a Type 4 to GM thottle body injection using old Crossfire throttle bodies over custom intake manifolds.

Will update when that happens. smile.gif
McMark
Very cool! I've got an LM-1 that's come in very handy. Good stuff.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.