Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 914 megasquirt info- Scott's 1.7
Scott-thundercat
post Jun 17 2007, 08:01 PM
Post #41

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,049

got it to run for 20 seconds at one point. usually 2-8 seconds. sorry i was out of town on my honeymoon. tried to upload the MSQ but no luck. let me change the extension to .txt and see if it lets me. nope. i'll upload it to esnips and u can check it out.

http://www.esnips.com/r/hmfl/doc/ba4b86d6-...startedran20sec
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Scott-thundercat
post Jul 19 2007, 10:49 PM
Post #42

okay now here's a real puzzler... I have been trying to get this thing to run trying every bit of advice i've heard. I've asked on the megasquirt forums, and here. It still wont run for more than 5-10 seconds at best. I've checked my grounds and rechecked em, checked the wiring- everything looks good- yet it doesnt run. i even wired 7 oh, 25 watt resistors inline with the injectors so i could get rid of pulse width modulation- all with no changes at all.

so now comes the really wierd part. so i decide to see if maybe the problem is with my injectors (i swapped back to the original injectors that i have never had the car run on (i thought one was stuck open when i first got my car- turns out it was the cold start injector stuck on) as part of my trouble shooting- no change) so i hook up the stock computer (which has a bad injector trigger- so only 2 injectors were firing), try to start it- no dice just cranks. so i figure maybe it's flooded- so i unplug the fuel pump and try starting it- it coughs and then fires and runs. so i go around and plug the pump back in- the instant i do the car dies... wierd... so i unplug it and fire it up just to see how long it will run on no fuel pump.... it ran for 20 minutes and then died (possibly because the CHT sensor may have come unattached). so i figure now that it's warm i should try megasquirt and try it without the fuel pump. nothing. nada. i plug the pump in- get it to start- but it dies just the same as it did when it was cold. what in the hell?

I am so frustrated with this thing i just dont know what could be wrong. any advice?

+Quote Post
Scott-thundercat
post Aug 21 2007, 05:14 PM
Post #43

So i got it running! turns out that i had used a relay that was different than the ones i've used in the past. this relay had an 87 and an 87a. the 87a terminal is normally closed- so it turns off when you turn the power to it on. basically this screwed me as was using this for my injector power. anyhow fixed it after long hours (days, weeks,months) of work on it. got it to idle smoothly, ad whenever i get time again i'll tune the driving! thanks for all the input guys! i'll post up more details later.
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 07:15 PM