Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Sold My Teener, Have Some Tech Questions, Need help on a couple of areas
aylanco
post May 15 2007, 06:18 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,371

Sold my '73 2.0 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) and promised to fix a few things for the new owner that hopefully will be joining our ranks!

1) Turn signals don't cancel, steering wheel is NOT upside down and the cancel ring is in the right place. Do I need a new switch and where can I get one?

2) Wipers don't park. It has intermittent wipers which do not work so I'm thinking that is the culprit and it needs a new relay. Where can I get one?

3) Temp gauge is not hooked up but taco plate and temp sender are there. I know about the green/black wire, I'm sure it is under the center console but I do not see it in the engine compartment or under the car. Let's just say I want to run a whole new wire. Where can I run it so it exits the passenger compartment and goes under the car to the temp sender?

Thanks and I'm not going away, I'll still be lurking as always!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
dr914@autoatlanta.com
post May 15 2007, 06:26 PM
Post #2

914 Guru

Member No.: 7,418
Region Association: None

QUOTE(aylanco @ May 15 2007, 05:18 PM) *

Sold my '73 2.0 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) and promised to fix a few things for the new owner that hopefully will be joining our ranks!

1) Turn signals don't cancel, steering wheel is NOT upside down and the cancel ring is in the right place. Do I need a new switch and where can I get one?
probably the turn signal mechanical fingers then. commonly available

2) Wipers don't park. It has intermittent wipers which do not work so I'm thinking that is the culprit and it needs a new relay. Where can I get one?
usually the lower left screw that secures the turn signal wiper switch assembly not making good connection

3) Temp gauge is not hooked up but taco plate and temp sender are there. I know about the green/black wire, I'm sure it is under the center console but I do not see it in the engine compartment or under the car. Let's just say I want to run a whole new wire. Where can I run it so it exits the passenger compartment and goes under the car to the temp sender?
starts from just in front of the battery coming off the main wiring harness.

Thanks and I'm not going away, I'll still be lurking as always!

+Quote Post
r_towle
post May 15 2007, 06:38 PM
Post #3

Custom Member

Member No.: 124
Region Association: North East States

In order and all IMHO

Take off the wheel.
Look at the switch, watch it when you activate the blinkers.
There are two little plastic tabs that emerge towards you when the blinker is on, and the cancel bar hits them to shut them off.
They break.

Get the wiper relay at PP or the dealer. Or do what George said first...

the wire goes from the sender, and it is clamped to the motor and actually comes out right under the computer, through the engine tin it that lower hell hole corner.
The wiring harness has the rest of the wire, and there is a spade connector there.
This is set up so when you remove the motor, you unplug the line, part of it stays with the motor, part stays in the wiring harness.

Not the easiest thing to find, but its there, in the famous corner.

Rich
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th May 2024 - 06:13 AM