Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sold My Teener, Have Some Tech Questions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
aylanco
Sold my '73 2.0 sad.gif and promised to fix a few things for the new owner that hopefully will be joining our ranks!

1) Turn signals don't cancel, steering wheel is NOT upside down and the cancel ring is in the right place. Do I need a new switch and where can I get one?

2) Wipers don't park. It has intermittent wipers which do not work so I'm thinking that is the culprit and it needs a new relay. Where can I get one?

3) Temp gauge is not hooked up but taco plate and temp sender are there. I know about the green/black wire, I'm sure it is under the center console but I do not see it in the engine compartment or under the car. Let's just say I want to run a whole new wire. Where can I run it so it exits the passenger compartment and goes under the car to the temp sender?

Thanks and I'm not going away, I'll still be lurking as always!
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(aylanco @ May 15 2007, 05:18 PM) *

Sold my '73 2.0 sad.gif and promised to fix a few things for the new owner that hopefully will be joining our ranks!

1) Turn signals don't cancel, steering wheel is NOT upside down and the cancel ring is in the right place. Do I need a new switch and where can I get one?
probably the turn signal mechanical fingers then. commonly available

2) Wipers don't park. It has intermittent wipers which do not work so I'm thinking that is the culprit and it needs a new relay. Where can I get one?
usually the lower left screw that secures the turn signal wiper switch assembly not making good connection

3) Temp gauge is not hooked up but taco plate and temp sender are there. I know about the green/black wire, I'm sure it is under the center console but I do not see it in the engine compartment or under the car. Let's just say I want to run a whole new wire. Where can I run it so it exits the passenger compartment and goes under the car to the temp sender?
starts from just in front of the battery coming off the main wiring harness.

Thanks and I'm not going away, I'll still be lurking as always!

r_towle
In order and all IMHO

Take off the wheel.
Look at the switch, watch it when you activate the blinkers.
There are two little plastic tabs that emerge towards you when the blinker is on, and the cancel bar hits them to shut them off.
They break.

Get the wiper relay at PP or the dealer. Or do what George said first...

the wire goes from the sender, and it is clamped to the motor and actually comes out right under the computer, through the engine tin it that lower hell hole corner.
The wiring harness has the rest of the wire, and there is a spade connector there.
This is set up so when you remove the motor, you unplug the line, part of it stays with the motor, part stays in the wiring harness.

Not the easiest thing to find, but its there, in the famous corner.

Rich
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.