Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Father's Day is coming up, and my pops is priceless (Northeast guys take note!)
ptravnic
post Jun 13 2007, 10:10 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 747
Region Association: None

I've been thinking about putting together a progress thread on the orange car (aka Piglet) which was painfully close to getting sawzalled (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sawzall-smiley.gif) due to inner/outer long deterioration (not to mention hell hole) BUT over the past few weeks a whole mess of work has been done by my pops & me (he's done all the welding (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welder.gif) - actually brazing, but who's counting? - I'm the prep & hammer monkey (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif) ).

The guys from the "Northeast Wrenching" threads know this car well - Ray Mital (if your ears were ringing today it's b/c I was praising your glory while I POR-15'd the underside of the rear trunk area).

No welder would take this job, so long story short (pun coming...) - the underside, inner longs, outer longs, (see, puns - yes, I'm a geek) hell hole, and wheel wells are sorted and strong as an ox! The doors line up better than ever and we're hoping to get the sucker to the body shop in a couple weeks. The quote of the week was "do you think we might be over our heads a bit?". That was just after we'd cut the driver side long in half in order to 'stretch" the car about 1/8".

I could go on and on about how much blood, sweat, and tears my pops and I have poured out while getting this car going & enjoying it over the past 15yrs. Seeing my pops dirty, sweaty, and tired at the end of the 10th straight day of working on my car is something that words cannot express (ineffable).

A handfull of selct pictures over the past few weeks tell the story:

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 02:07 AM