Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Father's Day is coming up
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ptravnic
I've been thinking about putting together a progress thread on the orange car (aka Piglet) which was painfully close to getting sawzalled sawzall-smiley.gif due to inner/outer long deterioration (not to mention hell hole) BUT over the past few weeks a whole mess of work has been done by my pops & me (he's done all the welding welder.gif - actually brazing, but who's counting? - I'm the prep & hammer monkey smash.gif ).

The guys from the "Northeast Wrenching" threads know this car well - Ray Mital (if your ears were ringing today it's b/c I was praising your glory while I POR-15'd the underside of the rear trunk area).

No welder would take this job, so long story short (pun coming...) - the underside, inner longs, outer longs, (see, puns - yes, I'm a geek) hell hole, and wheel wells are sorted and strong as an ox! The doors line up better than ever and we're hoping to get the sucker to the body shop in a couple weeks. The quote of the week was "do you think we might be over our heads a bit?". That was just after we'd cut the driver side long in half in order to 'stretch" the car about 1/8".

I could go on and on about how much blood, sweat, and tears my pops and I have poured out while getting this car going & enjoying it over the past 15yrs. Seeing my pops dirty, sweaty, and tired at the end of the 10th straight day of working on my car is something that words cannot express (ineffable).

A handfull of selct pictures over the past few weeks tell the story:

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
fitsbain
I got all the pieces you need to get that back on the road. But you already knew that.

Don't know if I'll be able to pick up your tranny at Evil's and return it top pittsburgh yet or not. Should know later this week.
i love porsche
hats off to your dad pete cant wait to see the green machine finished!
ptravnic
QUOTE(fitsbain @ Jun 14 2007, 12:31 AM) *

I got all the pieces you need to get that back on the road. But you already knew that.

Don't know if I'll be able to pick up your tranny at Evil's and return it top pittsburgh yet or not. Should know later this week.

no worries. I could make the trip to Hershey to pick it up if necessary.

QUOTE(i love porsche @ Jun 14 2007, 12:46 AM) *

hats off to your dad pete cant wait to see the green machine finished!

The Green Machine was supposed to get all the Piglet's parts BUT it looks like the Green Machine will end up on it's own. So far, it's @ the body shop getting the rear trunk & front fender sorted, steel flares installed, and painted. I've also procured 5 lug rear control arms from Eric Shae, more parts to be ordered.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

As for Piglet - I'm amazed and amused that this car has me by the short an curlies the way it does but what can I say - it pulls at my heart strings...

Then there's the black car that is just waiting for an engine and it goes vroom...
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.