Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Just tested my MPS and the result was..., This is getting good... maybe we can all learn something
customstarr
post Jun 18 2007, 05:07 PM
Post #1

King of the Nighttime World

Group: Members
From: Waterford, Michigan - Home of Waterford Hills Road Racing
Member No.: 7,531

Good!!! Go figure!?!

I've been chasing this rich condition for a while, and I was betting that the MPS was toast.

I measured today with a vacuum pump. Evacuated to 20 Hg - did not drop below 15 Hg within 5 Minutes (tested according to Paul B. Anders D-Jet site specs) only dropped to 18 Hg during that test. Also evacuated to 15 Hg and it held for 5 minutes, only dropping 1 Hg (based on spec found here on this forum).

AA's site says that it should hold 15 Hg indefintely. I have to assume that mine is good from a vacuum standpoint. Can I get a second opinion on that so I can be positive?

I also tested the MPS coils according to Paul B. Anders D-jet site specs. I was nearly right on the money ohm wise.

All said, I have to assume that it is time to move on to the Fuel Pressure - I'll measure that tomorrow. In a strange way, I was kinda hoping it was the MPS. I am soooooo ready to be over this rich mixture issue. Soooooo ready.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2024 - 06:03 PM