Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> It's official...., I just got the final word from the hotel
McMark
post Jun 19 2007, 11:00 AM
Post #1

914 Freak!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 419
Region Association: None

I got the call yesterday that the 'performance' for the weekend left around $7500 on the bill. When I told them all my cards were maxed out and my bank accounts were overdrawn, they were gracious enough to drop it down to $5500. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

This whole charging thing still leaves a horrible taste in my mouth because it doesn't make any logical sense. But I'm the moron who put his name on the dotted line. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)

At this point I doubt there is anything I can really do about it. There is around $1000 coming in from the silent auction.

As I told a few people at the event, I really thought they were going to be a little more gracious about this. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/barf.gif)

Anyone have any ties to the Hilton corp?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
6 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 19)
Dr Evil
post Jun 19 2007, 11:02 AM
Post #2

Send me your transmission!

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,372
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

WTF is this about? Are these extra charges? Gonna need to raise some funds here?
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
914nerd
post Jun 19 2007, 11:04 AM
Post #3

Who you callin' a "Member"?

Member No.: 6,461

For those of us who don't know what is going on, would you be so kind as to set the stage and explain what happened?
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Jun 19 2007, 11:13 AM
Post #4

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

time for world to show some heart...again. pm me your mailing addy and i'll cut you a check today mark. it won't be HUGE but i figure every bit will help. if 280 members can help with as little as $25 we'll get it covered. edit: it'll only take 220. what is the "performance" deal? people out of control?

k
+Quote Post
McMark
post Jun 19 2007, 11:13 AM
Post #5

914 Freak!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 419

It's a confusing story, because it's kind of illogical.

I'll try to condense it.

I signed up with the hotel for 40 rooms for three nights. Which means (to the hotel) that I'm on the hook for 120 'room-nights' (40 * 3).

The reservation system works like this. I have a block of 120 room nights that are reserved and locked down until a certain date. Once that date passes the rooms are released into the general population, BUT my commitment is not release. At this point they are "trying to help me out" by selling more rooms (their exact words). So if the hotel sells out (like it did on Sat night) then I don't owe anything.

So at the end of it all there ended up being a bunch of rooms empty on Fri and Sun, and thus they are looking to me to make it up to them.

It doesn't make any sense to me, but I've tried to talk to people there and I get the run around explanation. I don't know if I have any other options besides paying up.
+Quote Post
aircooledboy
post Jun 19 2007, 11:14 AM
Post #6

Sweet Pea's 1st ride in daddy's "vroom -vroom"

Member No.: 1,629
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Yikes. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

That all sounds more like lease provisions that a freakin hotel reservation.

Did you sign a contract that said those things? If so, I would like to look at it for you (lawyer type here) and see if there is any wiggle room. If you didn't sign a contract, you can invite them to self fornicate at their leisure. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)

+Quote Post
blitZ
post Jun 19 2007, 11:24 AM
Post #7

Beer please...

Member No.: 4,719
Region Association: South East States

That makes no sense. They cannot charge you for something you didn't buy.
+Quote Post
Heeltoe914
post Jun 19 2007, 11:31 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 5,506

You should get a letter from me and other parties that came at the last minute and had to pay 199 per night. I asked as direct as I could can you get me into the block of rooms from the WCR rate and package, I was told NO and for them to not log this and then charge you is NOT right. I will fight with you on this and feel the Hotel needs to review all the last minute reservation from or group for One that came in and paid full price. I think Gteener and her dad as well Did not have reservation.
In the end I will be glad to help with the 25-buck donation but I don’t think we should just roll over on this one. My 456 dollars should have went towards your block, Its called customers service I know its dying here in America but Let be strong. If we all call and bug the manager ( get his name) thay will move on this or loose 60+ future costumers
+Quote Post
Chris Pincetich
post Jun 19 2007, 11:36 AM
Post #9

B-)

Member No.: 4,907
Region Association: Northern California

Some of the thousands of dollars on my credit card(s) archive orignated from my days running mountainboard races 1999-2002. Being an event promotor is 90% a thankless job, and very difficult to turn a profit at. Each year I got a little better, convicing sponsors that no more product was needed, just cash money to pay insurance etc.

I kept my WCR hotel reservations even though I had reservations about the expense!

HHHmmmm....5K? Sounds like the price of a 2056. Maybe you could have another auction to raise funds?

I had a great time at the WCR and loved my king size bed with cable TV! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Jun 19 2007, 11:38 AM
Post #10

$199 A NIGHT!!?. the complimentary b-fast buffet must have been out of this world.

k
+Quote Post
Heeltoe914
post Jun 19 2007, 11:42 AM
Post #11

Member No.: 5,506

What Buffet! had to pay everything,

Got some towels for the car wash.
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post Jun 19 2007, 11:44 AM
Post #12

Send me your transmission!

Member No.: 1,372
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

That sounds like shit, Mark. If they can offer the rooms up tot he public then you should not be held financially liable for the cost of them. This "we try to do you a favor by selling as many as possible" crap is illogical. I agree, we should all fight this one. I am in for it. I can send you some of the bolt money I just made (more than $25, but no where near $5.5K).

Here is an idea, we can all call and reserve rooms for the same week and then cancel right before we would have to pay for them. this would fuck up thier biz end maybe (desparate retrobution from an angry man, I know (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) )
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
SirAndy
post Jun 19 2007, 11:45 AM
Post #13

Resident German

Group: Admin
Member No.: 179
Region Association: Northern California

hey mark,

btw. first, they charged me the *full* price for the split hotel room (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

and then reversed the charge completely ... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

now what?
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif) Andy
+Quote Post
Demick
post Jun 19 2007, 11:45 AM
Post #14

Ernie made me do it!

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 257

I agree with Leamon. The hotel was not flexible on the block rooms at all, and many people were denied the WCR rate and had to pay the full rate - and I have to assume that they were not counted in the WCR total.

Additionally, there were several people with Sat/Sun reservations that tried to change to Fri/Sat when the autox on Monday was moved to Sat. They were not allowed to change their reservations - so some of those people ended up cancelling Sunday night instead. Again - the hotel turned away WCR money because of their strict policy.

Like Leamon said - we should fight this one as best we can.

But in the end, whatever the outcome - Mark needs to not be financially in debt over this. Yes, it was a bad decision to sign that contract - but that's way in the past and hindsight is 20/20. Mark is the one who stepped up to put on the event during a difficult time in the 914 community. The splintering of the community made a huge impact to the attendance of this years' event. The low attendance from out-of-town participants is really why the hotel numbers weren't met - and there's nothing Mark could do about that.

When the split occurred, there was a lot of doubt as to whether the WCR would happen this year. Mark could have thrown in the towel and cancelled it. But he didn't - he stepped up and put together a great weekend. He has more than paid his dues on this one. He doesn't deserve to get stuck owing any $$.
+Quote Post
hwgunner
post Jun 19 2007, 11:53 AM
Post #15

914 Parts @ Discount Prices 800.321.5432

Member No.: 3,095

Mark, first ask them what there average occupancy rate is for Friday nights and then saturday nights and then Sunday nights. Now ask them how many rooms they sold for each night and how many rooms total they have in the hotel. From that you will probably be able to show that they were running above the normal range and therefore you had already done them a favor. If that does not work and you don't mind sending the paperwork to me I will have my Lawyer, read that MOMMY, look at it to see what can be done.(She really is a Lawyer, 30+ years now) Also, if your cards are maxed, how are they going to get there money. What guarentee did you give them?
+Quote Post
hwgunner
post Jun 19 2007, 11:56 AM
Post #16

914 Parts @ Discount Prices 800.321.5432

Member No.: 3,095

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jun 19 2007, 10:44 AM) *

That sounds like shit, Mark. If they can offer the rooms up tot he public then you should not be held financially liable for the cost of them. This "we try to do you a favor by selling as many as possible" crap is illogical. I agree, we should all fight this one. I am in for it. I can send you some of the bolt money I just made (more than $25, but no where near $5.5K).

Here is an idea, we can all call and reserve rooms for the same week and then cancel right before we would have to pay for them. this would fuck up thier biz end maybe (desparate retrobution from an angry man, I know (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) )

I also agree with the Dr. They offered the rooms to the public and the law should look at this as taking responsibility for them not as a favor.

+Quote Post
PeeGreen 914
post Jun 19 2007, 11:58 AM
Post #17

Just when you think you're done...wait, there is more..lol

Member No.: 6,884
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

If you would like us to I can throw in 25 to help. You shouldn't get screwed for this. PM me you email and let me know if I can paypal you.

Jon
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Jun 19 2007, 11:58 AM
Post #18

no comp'ed buffet? such a deal... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

k
+Quote Post
BMXerror
post Jun 19 2007, 12:00 PM
Post #19

Member No.: 5,842

QUOTE(Demick @ Jun 19 2007, 10:45 AM) *

Mark could have thrown in the towel and cancelled it. But he didn't - he stepped up and put together a great weekend. He has more than paid his dues on this one. He doesn't deserve to get stuck owing any $$.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) I don't have any legal skills or much money, and didn't attend WCR. However, this smells of bullshit! Put me on the list as someone who will do what he can.
Mark D.
+Quote Post
Allan
post Jun 19 2007, 12:05 PM
Post #20

Teenerless Weenie

Member No.: 2,304
Region Association: Southern California

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif) This is total bs. If they supposedly had a block of rooms set aside for wcr attendees why is it that some of the attendees were told that there were no rooms available?
+Quote Post

6 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2024 - 02:45 PM