Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> It's official...., I just got the final word from the hotel
TROJANMAN
post Jun 19 2007, 12:36 PM
Post #21

Looks nice in pictures.........

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,753
Region Association: None

QUOTE(McMark @ Jun 19 2007, 09:13 AM) *

So at the end of it all there ended up being a bunch of rooms empty on Fri and Sun, and thus they are looking to me to make it up to them.

So you booked rooms for Sunday night too? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)
That might be why you still owe them money.

I have a similar deal with the hotel in Moab for the RRC, but once the cut-off date passes, all bets are off. The hotel is responsible for filling the rooms, not me.

I am sure a phone call to the right person will settle this. If you need help, please let me know (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
914nerd
post Jun 19 2007, 12:49 PM
Post #22

Who you callin' a "Member"?

Member No.: 6,461

This seems like BS
I would take up the offers from some of them lawyer-types to look at it
It seems like they actively prevented some of thoe rooms from being filled in an attempt to make an extra few bucks
If that's the case, then you should by no means be obligated to pay
If there is no way to get out of it though, I will also contribute some
+Quote Post
jimkelly
post Jun 19 2007, 12:52 PM
Post #23

Delaware USA

Member No.: 2,460
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

they came down from 7500 to 5500 pretty quickly

i'm guessing during the wcr dates that bthe hotel did they have all of their rooms beyond the 40 you had booked rented out. thus they could not sell the unused portion of the 40 rooms had they wanted to ?? thus asking you to pay is a joke.

jim
+Quote Post
markb
post Jun 19 2007, 12:55 PM
Post #24

914less :(

Member No.: 180
Region Association: Central California

It really does sound like you're getting screwed here. If it comes down to it, count on me for a little $$ to help.
+Quote Post
xitspd
post Jun 19 2007, 12:55 PM
Post #25

Technology and Tradition 3.6 and 914-6

Member No.: 3,136

Well boyz the hotel business is a UGLY business! During the last year and a half, I have stayed at a Hilton Hotel every three weeks. I have negotiated a favorable rate because of the frequency of stay. Two months ago I arrived and found my reservation was cancelled. They say I called the Suday before at 5:00 A.M. and cancelled the stay. That was not true! They were full and did not need my lower rate. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I have been a Hilton HHonors member for over twenty years and the local guys did this. I am going to nail the morning manager's ass to the front door.

Kathy and I stayed two nights at the DoubleTree. My check out with extras was $534.67. I hope they included my stay as part of the clubs obligation. I helped to sponsor our event and am willing to help again if needed. It was a great venue. Keep in contact Mark.

Dan Callicott

Nice to see you all!
+Quote Post
jgara962
post Jun 19 2007, 12:59 PM
Post #26

Yo, this is how I roll

Member No.: 3,879
Region Association: Northern California

Mark,

Be sure to keep us posted on what's going on. No way you should get stuck for $5,500.
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Jun 19 2007, 01:02 PM
Post #27

Apex killer!

Member No.: 3,380

Mark,
I just paypaled the balance due on the oil tank. So that is in your pocket.

I think the next step is to take it upstream. Usually, local managers have only a certain amount of leeway to lower disputed bills. In this case, the bill is disputed because so many people had to pay full price rather than the WCR rate. Try asking for a regional or national managers phone number.
Next, if they are not gracious and accomodating post the phone number of your contact person here and we can start a shit storm of complaints.
Last step after we get them to lower it to their final offer if not eliminate it is to set up a Paypal storm to make McMark whole on this. Frankly, I thought the entry fee was a little low. It wouldn't have even payed for the Sunday night dinner in most cases.
Mark... Breath... We will get through this too. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
GTeener
post Jun 19 2007, 01:17 PM
Post #28

914 Girl

Member No.: 2,249

QUOTE(Heeltoe914 @ Jun 19 2007, 10:31 AM) *

You should get a letter from me and other parties that came at the last minute and had to pay 199 per night. I asked as direct as I could can you get me into the block of rooms from the WCR rate and package, I was told NO and for them to not log this and then charge you is NOT right. I will fight with you on this and feel the Hotel needs to review all the last minute reservation from or group for One that came in and paid full price. I think Gteener and her dad as well Did not have reservation.
In the end I will be glad to help with the 25-buck donation but I don’t think we should just roll over on this one. My 456 dollars should have went towards your block, Its called customers service I know its dying here in America but Let be strong. If we all call and bug the manager ( get his name) thay will move on this or loose 60+ future costumers

Actually, Leamon, I did make our reservations as part of the group block.

Mark, that makes no sense. Did you cancel the extra rooms within their 24-hour cancellation period? Or did they tell you you didn't have to?

Sometimes you have to do their work for them (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) Submit a list of the names from the group that stayed at the hotel and which nights they stayed and show them all the places they screwed up.
+Quote Post
McMark
post Jun 19 2007, 01:17 PM
Post #29

914 Freak!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 419
Region Association: None

I will scan the contract later tonight and post it. Thanks for all the support. I needed it. I will also get the regional manager's phone number as well. Thanks for the great idea Rob.
+Quote Post
neo914-6
post Jun 19 2007, 01:57 PM
Post #30

neo life

Member No.: 159

In either case, post a PayPal or mail address. CC interest is already compiling...
+Quote Post
DerekKim
post Jun 19 2007, 02:12 PM
Post #31

Member No.: 2,635

Might want to also have people who were charged full price to scan in their receipts. Sounds totally retarded.
+Quote Post
Grimstead
post Jun 19 2007, 04:48 PM
Post #32

Cheaky Monkey

Member No.: 3,789
Region Association: Southern California

I'm sure this will work out (hopefully without allot of drama) but I will throw in some cash if you need it as well.
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumb3d.gif)
+Quote Post
jaminM3
post Jun 19 2007, 05:31 PM
Post #33

Member No.: 7,619
Region Association: Intermountain Region

I'll send some cash if it will help. God knows i can skip a meal or two.. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chowtime.gif)
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Jun 19 2007, 06:40 PM
Post #34

Apex killer!

Member No.: 3,380

QUOTE(jaminM3 @ Jun 19 2007, 04:31 PM) *

I'll send some cash if it will help. God knows i can skip a meal or two.. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chowtime.gif)

JaminM3, As you have only 14 posts at this point, let me take the opportunity to (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png)
If you live in SLC there is someone there you need to meet if you are going to own a 914. Eric Shea is a vendor, an admin, and a 914 guy extrordinaire. If you have unmarried sisters he only has one wife. Look him up. He is the proprietor of PMB... Maybe you can help each other out... Tell him I said the bit about the unmarried sisters. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
obscurity
post Jun 19 2007, 07:10 PM
Post #35

Member No.: 5,628
Region Association: South East States

You may have struck a differnt deal with this hotel but when I held a block of rooms for my wedding a few years back the deal was that they held a block of rooms for my guests (lets say 10) If all ten rooms were "sold" to my guests by the agreed date then they gave me a free room in return for HELPING THEM. If All 10 rooms failed to sell to my guests by the agreed date then I didn't get the room but I certainly didn't pay anything. At the end of the day they still won because they filled at least some of their rooms with people who might have easily gone to another hotel.

If they continue to insist you pay for rooms you didn't use and that you weren't impeding them from selling then I'd get a lawyer involved

Just my 2c
John
+Quote Post
smj
post Jun 19 2007, 08:14 PM
Post #36

"Dude, Steve from Berkeley."

Member No.: 4,691

Good to hear you're getting some additional eyes on that contract. One step at a time, and as somebody said try to keep breathing. If we have to start harassing Hilton managers and execs, I'm happy to do it.

"Deadly Bulb Hilton Hotels, I'm about to write you a reality check." -- The Tick
+Quote Post
mightyohm
post Jun 19 2007, 08:27 PM
Post #37

Advanced Member

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 162
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Note that more than a couple attendees of the WCR are lawyers of one sort or another. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)
+Quote Post
Tobra
post Jun 19 2007, 08:35 PM
Post #38

Member No.: 4,634

QUOTE(Headrage @ Jun 19 2007, 10:05 AM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif) This is total bs. If they supposedly had a block of rooms set aside for wcr attendees why is it that some of the attendees were told that there were no rooms available?

This by itself is reason enough to dispute the charges, and perhaps contact the CA attorney general about it. If you are reserving rooms and preventing them from renting them out okay, but if there was even one vacant room that was not rented and was not in their block, they are assed out.

Oh, BTW, fuck Hilton Hotels, I stayed one in Chicago one time, prime area, total dump. Will NEVER stay at a Hilton again.
+Quote Post
Coy
post Jun 19 2007, 08:39 PM
Post #39

Member No.: 5,537

Keep us all posted. I'll paypal a little cash if you get stuck with this. I still haven't forgot that you and Andy helped me out last year on Mt. Hood. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
Gint
post Jun 19 2007, 09:44 PM
Post #40

Mike Ginter

Group: Admin
Member No.: 20
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

If you get stuck with the bill Mark, I'll definitely pitch in. But this is a load of crap and it needs to be fought and made to disappear. What a load a crap...
+Quote Post

6 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th June 2024 - 02:49 AM