Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> It's official...., I just got the final word from the hotel
Allan
post Jun 19 2007, 09:49 PM
Post #41

Teenerless Weenie

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,304
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(Gint @ Jun 19 2007, 07:44 PM) *

What a load a crap...

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
boxstr
post Jun 19 2007, 10:45 PM
Post #42

MEMBER:PACIFIC NORTHWEST REGION

Member No.: 12
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Mark, take half of what you were going to send me and apply to your defense fund. Maybe Allan can speak to the btender and get you a lighter sentence.

Linda and I stayed at the Sheraton Suites hotel in Pomona over Fathers day for the LA Roadster show. The finest room configuration I have ever seen, and I have stayed at the Ritz-Carlton and Four Seasons, for a lot more $$. I could live in this room.
The televisions were on o interior walls, not up aganist a wall so you hear the one from the room next door. Blackout curtains. A refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, doors between rooms, it was designer quality.
CCLIN914NATION
+Quote Post
McMark
post Jun 20 2007, 12:14 AM
Post #43

914 Freak!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 419
Region Association: None

Here are the contract papers. Any ideas or advice is welcome. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smiley_notworthy.gif)

Page 3 has all the fine print.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Page1.pdf ( 190.73k ) Number of downloads: 99
Attached File  Page2.pdf ( 202.16k ) Number of downloads: 102
Attached File  Page3.pdf ( 694.77k ) Number of downloads: 94
+Quote Post
hwgunner
post Jun 20 2007, 12:47 AM
Post #44

914 Parts @ Discount Prices 800.321.5432

Member No.: 3,095

QUOTE(McMark @ Jun 19 2007, 11:14 PM) *

Here are the contract papers. Any ideas or advice is welcome. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smiley_notworthy.gif)

Stupid question but did you sign and send it in?? Did they get an original or did you fax it?? Did you initial any of the documents?? It occures to me that the hotel has a certain number of rooms to sell each night. You said that they were sold out on Saturday night (do they typically sellout on Fathers Day Weekend Saturday?? Did you push them way up on there 'occupancy rate on that day??) so that means that they had a certain number of unsold rooms on Friday and a certain number of unsold on Sunday. You need to get them to give you the number of rooms total for the property and the number of rooms actually sold on (in total) Friday and Sunday. They also have an 'occupancy rate' which is a percentage of sold rooms per night. If they average 50% on Fridays and they happen to be 75% on this particular Friday I would point that out. Same with Saturday. Did you have more than 50 rooms on Saturday?? You also need to start getting the names of all the different parties that were at the event and make sure that there total for rooms sold to WCC is the same as yours and if they are not they ned to provide the list of people that they have and you ned to check it against yours. Also when looking at the occupancy rate keep in mind that they keep a certain number of rooms open incase there is an emergency or Paris shows up. I will have the papers looked at and then give you a call.
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Jun 20 2007, 12:50 AM
Post #45

Apex killer!

Member No.: 3,380
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(hwgunner @ Jun 19 2007, 11:47 PM) *

QUOTE(McMark @ Jun 19 2007, 11:14 PM) *

Stupid question but did you sign and send it in?? Did they get an original or did you fax it?? Did you initial any of the documents?? It occures to me that the hotel has a certain number of rooms to sell each night. You said that they were sold out on Saturday night (do they typically sellout on Fathers Day Weekend Saturday?? Did you push them way up on there 'occupancy rate on that day??) so that means that they had a certain number of unsold rooms on Friday and a certain number of unsold on Sunday. You need to get them to give you the number of rooms total for the property and the number of rooms actually sold on (in total) Friday and Sunday. They also have an 'occupancy rate' which is a percentage of sold rooms per night. If they average 50% on Fridays and they happen to be 75% on this particular Friday I would point that out. Same with Saturday. Did you have more than 50 rooms on Saturday?? You also need to start getting the names of all the different parties that were at the event and make sure that there total for rooms sold to WCC is the same as yours and if they are not they ned to provide the list of people that they have and you ned to check it against yours. Also when looking at the occupancy rate keep in mind that they keep a certain number of rooms open incase there is an emergency or Paris shows up. I will have the papers looked at and then give you a call.

Ummm... Paris ain't showin' up for a while dude. She is having naked shower jail sex with another inmate right now. Just ask Mark's wife Erin... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
grantsfo
post Jun 20 2007, 12:59 AM
Post #46

Arrrrhhhh!

Member No.: 433

Mark,

If you can prove that some people didnt recieve the promised discounted rate and then communicated this to club in general I think you have grounds to invalidate all remaining liabilities to the hotel.

Essentially their actions scared away potential particapants.
+Quote Post
roadster fan
post Jun 20 2007, 01:13 AM
Post #47

Project Frankenstein !!!!!!!!

Member No.: 5,184

Hey Mark,

Thanks again for doing all the hard work and putting on the Classic.

FWIW, you should get a firm count from all attendees with details on how many nights they booked and at what rate. Also, if they tried to book a room but were told there were none available.

My family originally booked for Fri and Sat only, but on Saturday decided to spend Sunday night also. The wife was told that the WCR rate was not available, but they could extend our stay for $10 more that the WCR rate which we did. We were very clear that we were with WCR and had booked Fri and Sat well before the deadline.

Anyway, I am definitely willing to contribute more $$ to the cause, so you are not on the hook, but let's get the attendees info and FIGHT!

Jim
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Jun 20 2007, 01:19 AM
Post #48

Apex killer!

I have an idea...

It occurs to me that Mark should persue the challenge to the bill based on the fact that some were told the WCR rate was not available. That is the right thing to do.

Mark however should not be hanging in the wind like drying meat. Lets put together a Paypal fund to reduce his obligation and if Mark is successful at getting the thing to go away, the fund can be donated to charity. ALS has been mentioned. Korijo is after all, a part of our World...

Objections?
+Quote Post
markb
post Jun 20 2007, 01:35 AM
Post #49

914less :(

Member No.: 180
Region Association: Central California

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jun 19 2007, 11:19 PM) *

I have an idea...

It occurs to me that Mark should persue the challenge to the bill based on the fact that some were told the WCR rate was not available. That is the right thing to do.

Mark however should not be hanging in the wind like drying meat. Lets put together a Paypal fund to reduce his obligation and if Mark is successful at getting the thing to go away, the fund can be donated to charity. ALS has been mentioned. Korijo is after all, a part of our World...

Objections?

No objections here.

Let's make it work.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
roadster fan
post Jun 20 2007, 01:46 AM
Post #50

Project Frankenstein !!!!!!!!

Member No.: 5,184

No objection here either! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
Heeltoe914
post Jun 20 2007, 09:43 AM
Post #51

Member No.: 5,506

I will as well donate. But someone that is a good writer or lawyer type should start a letter complianing on what or groupe feeling is on this and start us all Faxing that letter in to managment and signing it, No one wonts to loose customers Make it stronge make it big and make it loud.
Anyway I stayed under

Leamon Stansell and Stephon Stansell
Your name here
Your name here

Lets copy and paste for a complete list.
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Jun 20 2007, 10:24 AM
Post #52

Apex killer!

How do I set up a Paypal account dedicated to this? I have my personal account but it seems that others have "set up" a dedicated account in the past. How should this be done?
+Quote Post
Tobra
post Jun 20 2007, 10:32 AM
Post #53

Member No.: 4,634

QUOTE(grantsfo @ Jun 19 2007, 10:59 PM) *

Mark,

If you can prove that some people didnt recieve the promised discounted rate and then communicated this to club in general I think you have grounds to invalidate all remaining liabilities to the hotel.

Essentially their actions scared away potential particapants.

If they turned ANYONE away from here, they did not fulfill their end of the contract, which likely releases you from any liability whether you signed anything or not. You may even have cause of action against them, as there are no doubt some that did not go or cut their stay short due to their actions, costing you money and damaging the integrity of the WCR, possibly costing you further business. No idea about paypal Rob, but happy to give. Will even give Mark some of those PORSCHE stripes to raffle next time. Guess the Hilton does not get any 914 biz from here on out.
+Quote Post
McMark
post Jun 20 2007, 10:42 AM
Post #54

914 Freak!

QUOTE(hwgunner @ Jun 19 2007, 11:47 PM) *

Stupid question but did you sign and send it in?? Did they get an original or did you fax it?? Did you initial any of the documents??

Yep, they have a signed version. I generally don't bother to sign my copies. I can't remember for sure but I think I mailed their copies to them.

Thanks Jonathan. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smiley_notworthy.gif) I'll work on the list of people who stayed at the hotel.
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Jun 20 2007, 10:51 AM
Post #55

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

during your talks with the 'head cheeses", be sure to mention that 7,047 members prob will pass on staying at ANY hilton hotels if they put the fuchin' to you.

k
+Quote Post
914nerd
post Jun 20 2007, 10:55 AM
Post #56

Who you callin' a "Member"?

Member No.: 6,461

Yeah
This community doesn't exactly have a short memory about these sorts of things
+Quote Post
TROJANMAN
post Jun 20 2007, 11:14 AM
Post #57

Looks nice in pictures.........

Member No.: 1,753

Mark,
Something is still not right.
A phone call should clear this up.
Who did you last speak with?
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Jun 20 2007, 11:18 AM
Post #58

Apex killer!

I have set up a separate Paypal account with Yopu as the account holder... I used shirleysime@sbcglobal.net as the send to email... (Hopefully she goes through with the wedding! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) )

I am going to set up a second thread so this gets seen but for you guys that are following this once again, the email to send your paypal donation is shirleysime@sbcglobal.net

Mark may be able to resolve this but I see no reason to let him walk around with all the anxiety of this hanging over his head. Lets donate and if it works out in his favor we can send the money to ALS in the name of the World for Korijo...
+Quote Post
McMark
post Jun 20 2007, 12:52 PM
Post #59

914 Freak!

I just wanted to update everyone and let you know that I have been communicating with one of our own 'lawyer-types'. Once I have a handle on the 'professional perspective' of the contract I will be calling the hotel or the regional branch to discuss further reduction of the bill.

Short Version: No news yet. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
+Quote Post
jgara962
post Jun 20 2007, 01:00 PM
Post #60

Yo, this is how I roll

Member No.: 3,879

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jun 20 2007, 10:18 AM) *

I have set up a separate Paypal account with Yopu as the account holder... I used shirleysime@sbcglobal.net as the send to email... (Hopefully she goes through with the wedding! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) )

I am going to set up a second thread so this gets seen but for you guys that are following this once again, the email to send your paypal donation is shirleysime@sbcglobal.net

Mark may be able to resolve this but I see no reason to let him walk around with all the anxiety of this hanging over his head. Lets donate and if it works out in his favor we can send the money to ALS in the name of the World for Korijo...

I'm more than willing to help Mark out and donate some $$$. He shouldn't be personally stuck with this just because he was kind enough to arange the accomodations. But I think we should wait a couple of days and see what can be resolved directly with the hotel before we start rallying the troops and asking for donations. Just my opinion.
+Quote Post

6 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th June 2024 - 08:03 AM