Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Club NARP, 914club, 914world..., What is the story between these?
jaminM3
post Jun 19 2007, 06:24 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,619
Region Association: Intermountain Region

I see people write about the "old club" or "the split". Why are there three different websites for these cars? I see many of the people here still frequent the others sites still too. I checked them out and 914world seems to be the friendliest and most easy going and ACTIVE community of the three, but I have just been looking for the last couple months. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Jun 19 2007, 06:27 PM
Post #2

Apex killer!

Member No.: 3,380
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(jaminM3 @ Jun 19 2007, 05:24 PM) *

I see people write about the "old club" or "the split". Why are there three different websites for these cars? I see many of the people here still frequent the others sites still too. I checked them out and 914world seems to be the friendliest and most easy going and ACTIVE community of the three, but I have just been looking for the last couple months. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

They are just other sites. We all love each other dearly. Nothing to see here. Move along. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/stirthepot.gif)
+Quote Post
scotty b
post Jun 19 2007, 06:34 PM
Post #3

rust free you say ?

Member No.: 3,419
Region Association: None

We were once a great and proud people. All was well.......well seemingly so. The n came the great incident which none dare speak of. We do not speak of the incident out of fear of another flame war....a flame war our small faction cannot take. We now werk together to create a better....stronger......utopia of 914's. A place where our brothers come together all shapes, sizes,colors and even some of those border jumping V8 guys are welcome here. We want not infighting so some have not been allowed (by there own choosing) but we disallow none, as we are a loving caring crowd who simply want to get along.
+Quote Post
cuca914
post Jun 19 2007, 06:37 PM
Post #4

"Serenity now!!"

Member No.: 7,609
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jun 19 2007, 05:27 PM) *

They are just other sites. We all love each other dearly. Nothing to see here. Move along. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/stirthepot.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) (we need a 'cop in riot gear with nightstick' emoticon)

BTW:
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png)
+Quote Post
JB 914
post Jun 19 2007, 06:40 PM
Post #5

Daddy! Finish my car NOW!!!

Member No.: 2,831

"Money....So they say.....is the root of all evil today"
Pink Floyd
+Quote Post
Johny Blackstain
post Jun 19 2007, 06:43 PM
Post #6

Walnut Elite Stratocaster player

Member No.: 7,318
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(jaminM3 @ Jun 19 2007, 08:24 PM) *

Why are there three different websites for these cars?

My friend there are a lot more than 3 websites dedicated to the 914. Do a Google search & be amazed. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool_shades.gif)

+Quote Post
PanelBilly
post Jun 19 2007, 06:48 PM
Post #7

914 Guru

Member No.: 6,488
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I don't write often, but this is the only site I frequent. It fits my needs and I don't see any reason to look further than that. If your happy in the shade of a tree, stay there.
+Quote Post
Howard
post Jun 19 2007, 06:55 PM
Post #8

Incontin(g)ent Member

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 943

QUOTE(scotty b @ Jun 19 2007, 04:34 PM) *

We were once a great and proud people. All was well.......well seemingly so. The n came the great incident which none dare speak of. We do not speak of the incident out of fear of another flame war....a flame war our small faction cannot take. We now werk together to create a better....stronger......utopia of 914's. A place where our brothers come together all shapes, sizes,colors and even some of those border jumping V8 guys are welcome here. We want not infighting so some have not been allowed (by there own choosing) but we disallow none, as we are a loving caring crowd who simply want to get along.

Scotty's in the Ganja, Scotty's in the Ganja (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smoke.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smoke.gif)
+Quote Post
scotty b
post Jun 19 2007, 07:08 PM
Post #9

rust free you say ?

Member No.: 3,419

QUOTE(Howard @ Jun 19 2007, 04:55 PM) *

Scotty's in the Ganja, Scotty's in the Ganja (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smoke.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smoke.gif)

Nah my back has gone into a spasm so I'm into the oxy...... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)
+Quote Post
GTeener
post Jun 19 2007, 07:16 PM
Post #10

914 Girl

Member No.: 2,249
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(cuca914 @ Jun 19 2007, 05:37 PM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) (we need a 'cop in riot gear with nightstick' emoticon)

BTW:

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/busted_cop.gif)
+Quote Post
cuca914
post Jun 19 2007, 07:37 PM
Post #11

"Serenity now!!"

Member No.: 7,609

QUOTE(GTeener @ Jun 19 2007, 06:16 PM) *

QUOTE(cuca914 @ Jun 19 2007, 05:37 PM) *

BTW:

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/busted_cop.gif)

Close enough! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
Pat Garvey
post Jun 19 2007, 08:25 PM
Post #12

Do I or don't I...........?

Member No.: 5,765
Region Association: North East States

There are several good sites. Most are niche sites & good at thier own thing. I visit almost all of them regularly.

But THIS is the BEST overall site! Everything is covered here.

They even let CW's in!
Pat
+Quote Post
sww914
post Jun 19 2007, 08:41 PM
Post #13

Advanced Member

Member No.: 6,146

I think that if you do a search you can find some older threads, last December or so, and you can figure out why there was a split.
It's been beaten to death here already and I think we're all happy just moving along now.
The 914club.com was the original of the 3, there was a problem involving apparent greed, and the club split into 3.
A few people only frequent 1 or 2 of them for reasons of their own, but I think that 914 world is clearly the most active of the 3.
+Quote Post
G e o r g e
post Jun 19 2007, 08:49 PM
Post #14

Dr

Member No.: 4,832

my favorite place to learn and chat is the Samba 914 room (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/yellowsleep[1].gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/stirthepot.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/yellowsleep[1].gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wavey.gif)

I only come here* when i'm awake, other times i'm not here

* "here" meaning , world , narp, the bird, roadglue, club, samba, aircooled tech, p914, and the others
+Quote Post
xitspd
post Jun 19 2007, 09:13 PM
Post #15

Technology and Tradition 3.6 and 914-6

Member No.: 3,136

Think fo it this way! The owner of 914club.com is not is not worthy of membership in NARP or 914world.com.

Dan
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post Jun 19 2007, 09:16 PM
Post #16

Send me your transmission!

Member No.: 1,372
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

The only advise I give is to surf all and stay where you fit in. As for why, that is personal and is all about you. I have no public beef with anyone in the 914 community, but I also do not have time to surf more than this site.
+Quote Post
Allan
post Jun 19 2007, 09:17 PM
Post #17

Teenerless Weenie

Member No.: 2,304

QUOTE(xitspd @ Jun 19 2007, 07:13 PM) *

Think fo it this way! The owner of 914club.com is not is not worthy of membership in NARP or 914world.com.

Dan

2 pokes for you Dan (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif)
+Quote Post
neo914-6
post Jun 19 2007, 09:20 PM
Post #18

neo life

Member No.: 159

QUOTE(xitspd @ Jun 19 2007, 08:13 PM) *

Dan

That's hilarious (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chairfall.gif)
+Quote Post
So.Cal.914
post Jun 19 2007, 09:24 PM
Post #19

"...And it has a front trunk too."

Member No.: 1,658

I only come here and to NARP...I can't take anymore abuse than that.
+Quote Post
Allan
post Jun 19 2007, 09:28 PM
Post #20

Teenerless Weenie

Member No.: 2,304

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jun 19 2007, 07:16 PM) *

The only advise I give is to surf all and stay where you fit in.

I love you Mike..... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post

4 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th May 2024 - 08:23 PM