Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 914 supercar, what do you guys think?
mrdezyne
post Jun 20 2007, 11:54 AM
Post #21

Now on larger rolling jack stands!

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,510

QUOTE(marks914 @ Jun 20 2007, 08:32 AM) *

make it look something like this? modern 914

Mark

SEXY SWEET MOTHER OF PEARL! That is a brilliant design... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumb3d.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
BahnBrenner914
post Jun 20 2007, 12:11 PM
Post #22

The girl is gone and all I have now is a beat-up teener

From: Gig Harbor and University Place, WA :: School in Angola, IN :: girlfriend in Sarasota, FL
Member No.: 2,094
Region Association: None

QUOTE(marks914 @ Jun 20 2007, 09:32 AM) *

Mark

Definately, something like that is cool, and the other one higher up is pretty sweet too, the origianal 914 is alright, but I want something realllllllly slippery so we'll see what the windtunnel gives us. As for the subie engine and transaxle, that sounds like a good modern upgrade, I'd just have to figure out the rear suspension and all to go with it. As for the front suspension, maybe like a 911 front suspension with coilovers and the more modern bits?
+Quote Post
KELTY360
post Jun 20 2007, 01:01 PM
Post #23

914 Neferati

Member No.: 5,344
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Mark

Wow! I wonder how slippery that is? Great looking design. Really like the kick-up behind the door. Sets up the flare at rear wheels beautifully. This interpretation of a 914 would be a good place to start.
+Quote Post
BahnBrenner914
post Jun 21 2007, 02:38 AM
Post #24

From: Gig Harbor and University Place, WA :: School in Angola, IN :: girlfriend in Sarasota, FL

well it seems that if I try and make a 914-type body more slippery, eventually I'll just get to a cayman (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif) , so maybe a different direction is needed... especially after we've replaced all the mechanical bits with 911's or subies or something else. so we really have taken this out of the 914 world (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) . maybe I'll go back to my F1 typish cars or a prototype racer.....
+Quote Post
So.Cal.914
post Jun 21 2007, 04:36 AM
Post #25

"...And it has a front trunk too."

Member No.: 1,658

QUOTE(BahnBrenner914 @ Jun 20 2007, 11:11 AM) *

Mark

Definately, something like that is cool, and the other one higher up is pretty sweet too, the origianal 914 is alright, but I want something realllllllly slippery so we'll see what the windtunnel gives us. As for the subie engine and transaxle, that sounds like a good modern upgrade, I'd just have to figure out the rear suspension and all to go with it. As for the front suspension, maybe like a 911 front suspension with coilovers and the more modern bits?

Here's a design far superior to anything above. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
BahnBrenner914
post Jun 21 2007, 11:58 AM
Post #26

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/barf.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/barf.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/barf.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/barf.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/barf.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/barf.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/barf.gif)

that deserves a 7 barf salute. There's scoops on there I can't even figure out what they're for. and the aero is pretty bad considering it's a from-stratch car.

And the body panel right behind the door!!!!! what the hell is that? that is a really huge gap, looks like it's been rear-ended or something.
+Quote Post
So.Cal.914
post Jun 21 2007, 12:19 PM
Post #27

Sence you liked it soooo much, here is a couple more.

Attached Image
Attached Image
+Quote Post
jaminM3
post Jun 21 2007, 12:56 PM
Post #28

Member No.: 7,619
Region Association: Intermountain Region

QUOTE(mrdezyne @ Jun 20 2007, 09:25 AM) *

I like the idea, go for it! But beware of linking it in any form to a 914 on this forum, the purist patrol will attack when you are at your weakest. They are like a heard of oompa-lumpas that come out and start whacking your knee caps with little ball peen hammers... annoying little pests... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif)

A substantial front suspension setup with coilovers might be a more modern spin-off, although for buget sake stick with what works and its hard to beat what Porsche used to set the standard years ago.

I fully agree with a modern powerplant and transaxle as so many have suggested. Subaru is about as close as you can come to a modern Type IV and you get to keep that very desirable boxer growl. Find an Imprezza RS or WRX STI at your next local auto-x event (with BORLA exhaust is a bonus) and ask the guy if you can tag along with him for a run through the cones, you will be sold.

As for a modern twist on design, I leave you with this lovely example to ponder. This is the only photo I have but it appears to be an amazing piece of workmanship, all metal fab (aluminum?) body with hints of 914 heratige, supposedly it is based on a 914 roller. Does anyone else have more info or photos? I LOVE THIS!!!!

Wow, this is pretty cool. So is the sketch above.. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumb3d.gif)
+Quote Post
neo914-6
post Jun 21 2007, 01:36 PM
Post #29

neo life

Member No.: 159

QUOTE(Johny Blackstain @ Jun 20 2007, 10:16 AM) *

If you want to redesign the 914 then take a look at the neo 914 here on our board.

BTW, I met mrdezyne at last years SEMA, he is neo's "illegitimate brother" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

While designing the neo914 concept I wanted to keep some semblance of the 914 character (upright windshield, fender pods, and targa band). I felt if you depart so far from the 914 you may as well start with a clean sheet design and call it something else. The drivetrain is modern but I still have the antiquated trailing arms and torsion fronts albeit with needle bearings.

Define your goal well, gather your cash, schedule the time and go for it... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumb3d.gif)
+Quote Post
914-8
post Jun 21 2007, 02:45 PM
Post #30

Member No.: 5,461

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads/post-1658-1182422062.jpg)

That one always reminds me of the car designed by homer simpson:

(IMG:http://blogs.business2.com/photos/uncategorized/homer_dreamcar.gif)
(IMG:http://www.a2zhobbies.com/pictures/Pol4000.jpg)
+Quote Post
So.Cal.914
post Jun 21 2007, 05:07 PM
Post #31

QUOTE(914-8 @ Jun 21 2007, 01:45 PM) *

You mean their different?
+Quote Post
914-8
post Jun 21 2007, 05:47 PM
Post #32

Member No.: 5,461

slightly. homer had enough taste to not put TWO sets of exterior rear view mirrors on the driver's side.
+Quote Post
mrdezyne
post Jun 22 2007, 09:41 AM
Post #33

Now on larger rolling jack stands!

Member No.: 4,510

QUOTE(neo914-6 @ Jun 21 2007, 11:36 AM) *

Define your goal well, gather your cash, schedule the time and go for it... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumb3d.gif)

Regardless of what other advice you get on this thread, WRITE THIS DOWN. Felix has been/is going through a form of what you wish to attempt. Find his thread and do some reading. He has a very well thought out and orchestrated project. The crowds that gathered around NEO914 each day at SEMA can attest to that. Time is your friend, use it well and try not to get in a hurry, you don't want to end up with another "Homermobile"... (I should know, I've currently used 2 years and still have no rolling chasis.. HA!) Figure a time line and double it, figure a budget and triple it. Does that sound about right Felix?

Nice example of updating a 914 and keeping the heritage...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
alpha434
post Jun 22 2007, 11:19 AM
Post #34

My member number is no coincidence.

Member No.: 5,280
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

Put one of those Hyabusa V-8s in it.

Drivetrain is always the biggest selling point in a supercar.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 09:31 AM