Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> auto X in Marina, LPR
smokey
post Jun 26 2007, 12:27 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,816
Region Association: None

Any one interested ? Andy will have the 3.6 there. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smoke.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) Hey andy. Can i have a ride ? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pray.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif) . i want to know what my 3.2 will feal like.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
smokey
post Jun 26 2007, 12:29 AM
Post #2

This weekend 30th. monterey county.. Marina airport... All welcome.. 14ers
+Quote Post
grantsfo
post Jun 26 2007, 02:20 AM
Post #3

Arrrrhhhh!

Member No.: 433

I think it should be a good showing. I think Brad will be there helping to setup the Beast. I'm still sorting out my car and hoping to have slicks by then. I think Brad has arranged for discounted entry fees, but check the club site for details.
+Quote Post
Borderline
post Jun 26 2007, 10:11 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 3,577
Region Association: Northern California

I'll be there....wait..didn't we already have this thread in the garage?? Should be...interesting group of people there.
+Quote Post
Chris Pincetich
post Jun 27 2007, 11:07 AM
Post #5

B-)

Member No.: 4,907

I just made plans to spend Friday night in Santa Cruz with my buddy so I can shorten my drive to Marina Saturday morning (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
I just have to remember not too have too much fun (beer) the night before the race or I will be too groggy and sleepy to make a showing - FYI that's why I missed the RR AX last weekend! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drunk.gif)
After WCR, I think the only way to show up in style at an AX in my 914 is with a huge caravan of 914s! We had almost 10 in a row at WCR. I'll be driving from Santa Cruz to Marina Saturday morning, and if anybody feels spirited or organized enough to caravan down HWY 1 just shoot me a PM (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
grantsfo
post Jun 27 2007, 11:42 AM
Post #6

Arrrrhhhh!

QUOTE(ChrisNPDrider @ Jun 27 2007, 10:07 AM) *

I just made plans to spend Friday night in Santa Cruz with my buddy so I can shorten my drive to Marina Saturday morning (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
I just have to remember not too have too much fun (beer) the night before the race or I will be too groggy and sleepy to make a showing - FYI that's why I missed the RR AX last weekend! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drunk.gif)
After WCR, I think the only way to show up in style at an AX in my 914 is with a huge caravan of 914s! We had almost 10 in a row at WCR. I'll be driving from Santa Cruz to Marina Saturday morning, and if anybody feels spirited or organized enough to caravan down HWY 1 just shoot me a PM (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

This sounds like a great idea. We should have quite a few 914's headed down Hwy 1 through Santa Cruz area
+Quote Post
Borderline
post Jun 27 2007, 07:28 PM
Post #7

I usually take 101 from my place as it is faster, but I can head over to 1 just as easy. What time are you heading to the AX. I'm taking the LPR trailer over to Marina Fri afternoon, so I feel I should be there early to help set up. Chris, you have a good time Friday night. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif) I need every advantage I can get (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif)
+Quote Post
SirAndy
post Jun 27 2007, 07:39 PM
Post #8

Resident German

Group: Admin
Member No.: 179

QUOTE(smokey @ Jun 25 2007, 10:27 PM) *

Hey andy. Can i have a ride ?

i can't take you on a run as PCA rules mandate that if you have a passanger, at least one of the occupants has to be a PCA instructor.

but i can give you a ride on the backroads ...
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Andy
+Quote Post
grantsfo
post Jun 27 2007, 10:04 PM
Post #9

Arrrrhhhh!

This is going to be a riot. At least 3 fast 914-6's and a bunch of fast stockish 914-4's. Andy's car should be TTOD car with 3.6 and race slicks. I couldnt pull together my slicks in time - will get them next week.

I'd love to see us put Logan and that supercharged Miata in 4th or 5th place. There will probably be a screaming fast Works Mini Cooper on 710's too.
+Quote Post
EdwardBlume
post Jun 27 2007, 10:35 PM
Post #10

914 Wizard

Member No.: 81
Region Association: Central California

I'll see if I can stop by with wifey and the kids.... I want to see if you girls have learned how to drive... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)
+Quote Post
DanT
post Jun 27 2007, 10:38 PM
Post #11

Going back to the Dark Side!

Member No.: 2,880

wanted to, but can't make it on Saturday (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) ....if it had been on Sunday like LPR's events usually are....I could have made it. Have fun and beat the Mazda. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
smokey
post Jun 28 2007, 03:09 PM
Post #12

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) oK , i can t wait . Thanks Andy . See ya saterday. This should be a great showing of 14s.
+Quote Post
Borderline
post Jun 28 2007, 05:17 PM
Post #13

QUOTE(Dan (Almaden Valley) @ Jun 27 2007, 08:38 PM) *

wanted to, but can't make it on Saturday (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) ....if it had been on Sunday like LPR's events usually are....I could have made it. Have fun and beat the Mazda. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Dan, sorry you're not going to make it. How's the new engine running?

I just put my last coat of Formula V traction treatment on my Victorocks! This is going to be fun.

Anybody drive their dot-r's on the hwy? To & from the track or AX site? I'm going to run the azenis in the morning and switch to the kumhos in the afternoon. I'm thinking about driving home on the kumhos so I don't have to changed the tires again.
+Quote Post
grantsfo
post Jun 28 2007, 06:15 PM
Post #14

Arrrrhhhh!

QUOTE(Borderline @ Jun 28 2007, 04:17 PM) *

QUOTE(Dan (Almaden Valley) @ Jun 27 2007, 08:38 PM) *

Dan, sorry you're not going to make it. How's the new engine running?

I just put my last coat of Formula V traction treatment on my Victorocks! This is going to be fun.

Anybody drive their dot-r's on the hwy? To & from the track or AX site? I'm going to run the azenis in the morning and switch to the kumhos in the afternoon. I'm thinking about driving home on the kumhos so I don't have to changed the tires again.

I drive treaded DOT's as daily commute tires on HWY 17 sometimes. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Those Kuhmo's will be fine. When I first finished my 914 I had big bald Victo's on the back and had to drive home in the rain. 2000 lbs with slick 265/45/16's over HWY 17 with sheets of water flowing on the road were a driving expereince to be remembered.

As for Marina event I have caught a nasty head cold so if I show up it will likely be in my 4 Door Mazda Sedan as the last thing I want to do is prep my 914 and haul it down there with a head that feels like its going to explode.

This post has been edited by grantsfo: Jun 28 2007, 06:18 PM
+Quote Post
Dave_Darling
post Jun 29 2007, 02:29 AM
Post #15

914 Idiot

Member No.: 121

Lisa and I will be on our way to San Diego for Parade... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) We promise to wave as we go by!!

--DD
+Quote Post
nine14cats
post Jun 29 2007, 02:33 AM
Post #16

Bill Pickering -- 914-6 GT aka....Leeloo

Member No.: 287

It looks doubtful that The Beast™ will make the outing. If the AX were Sunday I'd say we'd be there for sure. It looks like we will need and extra full day to complete assembly.

The car is running now and electrical is essentially completed. But the loose ends are many and the car is coming out too nice not to want to finish it the way it should be. If we have a tremendous day tomorrow day and night, maybe we make it.

At this point we will probably go to the SVR AX on July 21st to shake her down.

Bill P.
+Quote Post
grantsfo
post Jun 29 2007, 08:10 AM
Post #17

Arrrrhhhh!

QUOTE(nine14cats @ Jun 29 2007, 12:33 AM) *

It looks doubtful that The Beast™ will make the outing. If the AX were Sunday I'd say we'd be there for sure. It looks like we will need and extra full day to complete assembly.

The car is running now and electrical is essentially completed. But the loose ends are many and the car is coming out too nice not to want to finish it the way it should be. If we have a tremendous day tomorrow day and night, maybe we make it.

Bill P.

There's an Infineon Track Day on July 21st with Trackmasters. Not sure if its still open? I'll be there shaking my car down for Hoopa.

This post has been edited by grantsfo: Jun 29 2007, 08:12 AM
+Quote Post
SirAndy
post Jun 29 2007, 10:19 PM
Post #18

Resident German

Group: Admin
Member No.: 179

well, i have the tank filled up and the tires loaded ...
4 racing schlicks packed in a 914 without a usable front trunk (IMG:style_emoticons/default/screwy.gif)

got my AAA card as well,
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Andy
+Quote Post
McMark
post Jun 30 2007, 02:16 AM
Post #19

914 Freak!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 419

VIDEO VIDEO VIDEO! I want to see Andy's runs in particular. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Jun 30 2007, 02:43 AM
Post #20

Apex killer!

Member No.: 3,380

QUOTE(nine14cats @ Jun 29 2007, 01:33 AM) *

Bill P.

Bill,

Matt promises to put together a great course. He will be there the afternoon before to set up and will probably stay in an RV on the Infinion grounds.
I actually think it is a good idea to shake the car down in an autocross setting. 60 second bursts of WOT and 4 times the turns of a track event. If it will break it will probably do it then. The only thing that doesn't apply to is the brakes. Gotta get them hot to know how they will work...
I am sorry to say though that I will miss that event too... I will be herding grad students at a week in residence in Jacksonville FL.
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th May 2024 - 12:35 AM