Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> OT: Do you use your razor cell for a laptop modem?, Quick Start for dummies coming & tips needed!
computers4kids
post Jun 30 2007, 08:56 PM
Post #1

Love these little cars!

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,253
Region Association: None

I just switched from Verizon to Cingular and have a Motorola razor cell. I heard that you can get a data cord and use your cell to connect your laptop to the Internet.

I'm looking to figure the "how to" real quick since I'm traveling in WA and Oregon and would like to connect more often.

I heard there is a way to "unlock" this feature in razors without having to pay for the service???

Also, do you need to have a dial-up service or are there other ways to connect?? I have yahoo DSL at home.

Any tips would be great!!

I have found a wealth of information on how to use your razor to provide both tethered Internet and Blue tooth wireless internet to your laptop and not have to pay the $59.99 plan Cingular wants to sell you.

I'm trying to sythensize all of it and then I'll post what I find for all with some easy 123 plug and play directions.

Mark

This post has been edited by computers4kids: Jul 2 2007, 06:26 PM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 11:38 PM