Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Do you use your razor cell for a laptop modem?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
computers4kids
I just switched from Verizon to Cingular and have a Motorola razor cell. I heard that you can get a data cord and use your cell to connect your laptop to the Internet.

I'm looking to figure the "how to" real quick since I'm traveling in WA and Oregon and would like to connect more often.

I heard there is a way to "unlock" this feature in razors without having to pay for the service???

Also, do you need to have a dial-up service or are there other ways to connect?? I have yahoo DSL at home.

Any tips would be great!!

I have found a wealth of information on how to use your razor to provide both tethered Internet and Blue tooth wireless internet to your laptop and not have to pay the $59.99 plan Cingular wants to sell you.

I'm trying to sythensize all of it and then I'll post what I find for all with some easy 123 plug and play directions.

Mark

70Sixter
Try Motorola's website. My old Nokia has the capability - just download some free software and buy the cable. Nokia also has free software to synch with computer. Very handy. Moto might also.

Yes you need phone line and Net service or dial-in server. I've never done DSL or cable with Palm Vx or cell phone. Might could?

I'm about to switch wife to Razr3/Cingular/AT&T and will be interested in what they offer.

PS If you have XP Pro you can dial into your home computer for access.
Aaron Cox
motorola phone tools......

verizon locks their phones (LAME!!!), and you can hack it with a disk off ebay.
computers4kids
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Jul 2 2007, 11:53 AM) *

motorola phone tools......

verizon locks their phones (LAME!!!), and you can hack it with a disk off ebay.

Thanks Aaron...
Verizon Customers here is a great page with free download and instructions how to "unlock" your razor to use it as a modem for your laptop:
Website

However, I'm a Cingular/AT& T customer...

I have found a wealth of information on how to use your razor to provide both tethered Internet and Blue tooth wireless internet to your laptop and not have to pay the $59.99 plan Cingular wants to sell you.

I'm trying to sythensize all of it and then I'll post what I find for all with some easy 123 plug and play directions.

Mark
computers4kids
QUOTE(70Sixter @ Jul 2 2007, 09:52 AM) *

Try Motorola's website. My old Nokia has the capability - just download some free software and buy the cable. Nokia also has free software to synch with computer. Very handy. Moto might also.

Yes you need phone line and Net service or dial-in server. I've never done DSL or cable with Palm Vx or cell phone. Might could?

I'm about to switch wife to Razr3/Cingular/AT&T and will be interested in what they offer.

PS If you have XP Pro you can dial into your home computer for access.

Great tips...I have found a way to use your dial-up service at home or use Cingular's dial-in server quite cheaply...will share when I get it all straight in my head.

I plan on tapping into my DSL service using my home computer as a portal remotely through my razor phone.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.