Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Day dreaming out loud, 914 content, and restorational quandries
VaccaRabite
post Jul 1 2007, 12:41 AM
Post #1

En Garde!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,435
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

So, today I needed to spend some quality time with my Suby. Its my DD, its been running on three cylinders for the past few weeks, a head lamp had burned out last week, and I have not had any time to play with it of late. All my time was going into my 914, and Midterms were last week.

So today, I put in new plugs and wires and changed out the head lamps on the Suby. New plugs and wires is not an insignificant task, as you have to remove _everything_ to either side of the engine before you can even get your hand to the plug wire boots. Plus, the plugs sit about three inches recessed into the heads.

anyway, new plugs and wires, new headlights, put it all back together and take it for a test drive. I wanted to get the car into the high RPM range, so I did a first gear pull up _UP_ Stine Hill. Engine crawls into the red, no misses, put it in second before I hit the fuel cut. You know, having all 4 cylinders running at once adds a lot more power to the car. My car felt like it was a different vehicle, I've just been too busy lately to give it the attention that it needed.

Any way, I am winding the engine up this hill thinking "I could just put one of these into my 914. I could just do it. Its an engine I know, its freak'n bullet proof and 165 HP on my 914 would fuck'n FLY."

But I have a lovely 125HP 2056 sitting in my garage that I JUST BOUGHT for my car. An engine that I am also excited about. And I have always said that I wanted to keep my car air cooled with a VW/Porsche plant at its heart. Ugh. I need to get this thing built. I need to get it on the road.

I always do this. As soon as I have one part, I start dreaming about another. I do it with vehicles too. After Hershey, I was thinking of pulling a fluffernutter and getting a westy bus (and would drop a suby into that). Two weekends ago, I found myself trespassing on to a farmer field to look at a bunch of M715s for sale. My 914 is still on the rotesserie and I am looking at 40 year old trucks.

Its a damn sickness.

Zach
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2024 - 04:49 AM