Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 400 mi. Sunday Drive
jwhcars
post Jul 3 2007, 01:18 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,563

I (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) drove the 914 with my brother as the navigator and my wife (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif) following in the 911SC on a 400 mile round trip Sunday drive.
We decided to take as many back roads as possible from Lebanon Pa. to the grand canyon of north central Pa.Lots of twisty mountain roads (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
So there I am cruising along on a 7 mile tree canopy covered straight strech and I hear a strange noise and I see a flash of light from the right top side of the windshield.I think what the heck did I hit....so I stop the car and what do I find?
The friggn windshield moulding decided to fly on its own.I turned around and found my moulding in all its banged and scratched glory and continued on my way.
Upon approaching the steep up hill grades I would motion my wife ahead as the 914 takes a little longer to get to the top. (but the 914 has her in the twisties)
We had fantastic weather,great scenery,many many fun roads and a grand time until the 914 decided it wanted to start backfiring thru the carbs.Sooo the last 100 mile leg was a lttle touch and go but we made it home.
I guess I must have run the teener a little to hard.....this weekend I will attempt to solve the problem.Sure hope all it is a case of bad gas (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)
Maybe I can tell my wife that all the teener needs is more power (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) then it won't have coughing fits.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 01:43 AM