Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 400 mi. Sunday Drive
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jwhcars
I driving.gif drove the 914 with my brother as the navigator and my wife driving-girl.gif following in the 911SC on a 400 mile round trip Sunday drive.
We decided to take as many back roads as possible from Lebanon Pa. to the grand canyon of north central Pa.Lots of twisty mountain roads smile.gif
So there I am cruising along on a 7 mile tree canopy covered straight strech and I hear a strange noise and I see a flash of light from the right top side of the windshield.I think what the heck did I hit....so I stop the car and what do I find?
The friggn windshield moulding decided to fly on its own.I turned around and found my moulding in all its banged and scratched glory and continued on my way.
Upon approaching the steep up hill grades I would motion my wife ahead as the 914 takes a little longer to get to the top. (but the 914 has her in the twisties)
We had fantastic weather,great scenery,many many fun roads and a grand time until the 914 decided it wanted to start backfiring thru the carbs.Sooo the last 100 mile leg was a lttle touch and go but we made it home.
I guess I must have run the teener a little to hard.....this weekend I will attempt to solve the problem.Sure hope all it is a case of bad gas unsure.gif
Maybe I can tell my wife that all the teener needs is more power biggrin.gif then it won't have coughing fits.
PeeGreen 914
SOunds like a fun trip. Do you have any pics of the fun? What year is your SC? I have my 914 and a 78 SC that my wife has tried to claim as hers. Key word being tried.
jwhcars
The SC is a '81 in light blue met.and my sons had digital so they could take pics of the new look of his GTI
rwjames
Thanks for sharing your story. Sounded like a nice day.

Not to hijack your thread, btu I had the same windshield trim experience while on my way from Alabama to Kentucky for a car show two years ago. I lost the right side windshield trim off my '75 Lagoon Blue 914 on I-65 heading north through Birmingham. By the time I pulled over to try to get the trim, someone ran over it.

I called a buddy in Louisville and told him my story and by the time I got there, he had one off his car. We popped it on, went to the PCA show and I ended up wining a 1st in class.

Sparky
Clean your jets, my teener kept having coughing fits and when I pulled the jets (EvillEd figured it out for me) there were lots of pretty little rust flakes from the gas tank.

Hope that helps...

My best,
Mike D.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.