Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Model Specific Information

914/4: 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 914/6: 70 71 72

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Concourse Congrats but watch out!
xsurfer
post Jul 3 2007, 08:18 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,818

Congratulations! I'm with you, drive there /drive back. Way to go!!!!!

It will take me two years to get mine to be competion to you. But I promise I'll be showing! I can't stand the idea your all alone.

If you get a moment when you get back let me know about oil temps on the way back. Thanks drive careful on the way home.

Congratulations again.

Gene Selger
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Jasfsmith
post Jul 9 2007, 03:44 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 2,882
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(xsurfer @ Jul 3 2007, 10:18 PM) *

It will take me two years to get mine to be competion to you. But I promise I'll be showing! I can't stand the idea your all alone.

If you get a moment when you get back let me know about oil temps on the way back. Thanks drive careful on the way home.

Congratulations again.

Gene Selger

Still on the road in route to Maine. Currently in Ft. Morgan, CO.

Oil temp on the way out hit the first of the red mark while traveling in NM, AZ and CA. Air temps were conistently above 100. Never moved past the first mark. Hit the same point on return during elevation climbing in NV and CO. My biggest concern was the pinging I experienced as I climbed above 4,000 feet. Over the pass at around 10,000 feet on I-70 in CO the car felt like it was dragging an anchor.

BTW, I was surprised to see how few Concours entrants trailered their cars. Out of the 140 or so cars I can only recall seeing a dozen trailers, and most of them were for the historical cars on display.
+Quote Post
Ferg
post Jul 9 2007, 04:01 PM
Post #3

914 Guru

Member No.: 116
Region Association: None

QUOTE(Jasfsmith @ Jul 9 2007, 01:44 PM) *

QUOTE(xsurfer @ Jul 3 2007, 10:18 PM) *

Congratulations again.

Gene Selger

Still on the road in route to Maine. Currently in Ft. Morgan, CO.

Oil temp on the way out hit the first of the red mark while traveling in NM, AZ and CA. Air temps were conistently above 100. Never moved past the first mark. Hit the same point on return during elevation climbing in NV and CO. My biggest concern was the pinging I experienced as I climbed above 4,000 feet. Over the pass at around 10,000 feet on I-70 in CO the car felt like it was dragging an anchor.

BTW, I was surprised to see how few Concours entrants trailered their cars. Out of the 140 or so cars I can only recall seeing a dozen trailers, and most of them were for the historical cars on display.

Congrats again!

You are already past my house in Erie, sorry I missed you.

Hope those temps stay down and the pinging goes away. Scary stuff.

Ferg (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st May 2024 - 04:58 PM