Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Lost my only key to my 914?, How the heck do I get another one?
JRust
post Jul 4 2007, 11:35 AM
Post #1

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 129
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Great (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) That would have to be my next problem. So the only key I have to my car is missing. I've been looking everywhere this morning. How the heck can I get another one. I have 2 blanks ready to be cut. I hadn't gotten them copied yet (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) . I was going to work on my car today too. What the hell do I do now?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 5)
rhodyguy
post Jul 4 2007, 11:43 AM
Post #2

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

call a mobile locksmith right now!! they can 'read' (they wiggle/turn the soft blank in the ing, and it leaves tiny whitnessing marks) the ignition tumblers with a soft blank, they look up a code, and cut a new key on the spot. removal of the switch is not nessasary.

k
+Quote Post
markb
post Jul 4 2007, 12:19 PM
Post #3

914less :(

Member No.: 180
Region Association: Central California

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jul 4 2007, 09:43 AM) *

call a mobile locksmith right now!! they can 'read' (they wiggle/turn the soft blank in the ing, and it leaves tiny whitnessing marks) the ignition tumblers with a soft blank, they look up a code, and cut a new key on the spot. removal of the switch is not nessasary.

k

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Jul 4 2007, 12:27 PM
Post #4

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

well...wait until tomorrow. the 4th and all. you know there will be a holiday premium. if you have AAA this service may be covered.

k
+Quote Post
Coy
post Jul 4 2007, 01:43 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 5,537

Hey Jamie,

Call 503/371-3776 Key Concepts He has a cool mobile set up and he makes house calls from the Salem area.

Last October, I went to dinner with my wife and somehow lost my keys at the restaurant. I called AAA and they said "good luck". I didn't want to leave my bike infront of a restaurant over night knowing the keys could be very near buy, and I had no way to drag it home. He came down at 11:pm and made me a key on the spot for something like $120 (Oh and AAA reimbursed me $80) and even made me a whittled down spare that I could hide on my bike so this would never happen again. I'm telling you, a great guy. I forgot his name, but it's just him in his van.

Local locksmiths recommend him to motorcycle guys who need a brand new key made, cause they don't want to mess with it. It's a thing of beauty; he's an artist!
+Quote Post
Toast
post Jul 5 2007, 01:02 AM
Post #6

Not bad for carrying sway bars.

Member No.: 1,580
Region Association: Southwest Region

Most locksmiths I have encountered dont have "codes" or "blanks" to anything older than 85. I have tried many and several.

Good luck!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 05:38 AM