Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lost my only key to my 914?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JRust
Great headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif That would have to be my next problem. So the only key I have to my car is missing. I've been looking everywhere this morning. How the heck can I get another one. I have 2 blanks ready to be cut. I hadn't gotten them copied yet headbang.gif headbang.gif . I was going to work on my car today too. What the hell do I do now?
rhodyguy
call a mobile locksmith right now!! they can 'read' (they wiggle/turn the soft blank in the ing, and it leaves tiny whitnessing marks) the ignition tumblers with a soft blank, they look up a code, and cut a new key on the spot. removal of the switch is not nessasary.

k
markb
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jul 4 2007, 09:43 AM) *

call a mobile locksmith right now!! they can 'read' (they wiggle/turn the soft blank in the ing, and it leaves tiny whitnessing marks) the ignition tumblers with a soft blank, they look up a code, and cut a new key on the spot. removal of the switch is not nessasary.

k

agree.gif
rhodyguy
well...wait until tomorrow. the 4th and all. you know there will be a holiday premium. if you have AAA this service may be covered.

k
Coy
Hey Jamie,

Call 503/371-3776 Key Concepts He has a cool mobile set up and he makes house calls from the Salem area.

Last October, I went to dinner with my wife and somehow lost my keys at the restaurant. I called AAA and they said "good luck". I didn't want to leave my bike infront of a restaurant over night knowing the keys could be very near buy, and I had no way to drag it home. He came down at 11:pm and made me a key on the spot for something like $120 (Oh and AAA reimbursed me $80) and even made me a whittled down spare that I could hide on my bike so this would never happen again. I'm telling you, a great guy. I forgot his name, but it's just him in his van.

Local locksmiths recommend him to motorcycle guys who need a brand new key made, cause they don't want to mess with it. It's a thing of beauty; he's an artist!
Toast
Most locksmiths I have encountered dont have "codes" or "blanks" to anything older than 85. I have tried many and several.

Good luck!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.