Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Need help from the D/FW crowd, This is the worst year I've ever experienced.
dagdal1967
post Jul 9 2007, 08:57 AM
Post #1

What are YOU looking at...

Group: Members
Member No.: 423

All,

This has been the worst year I have ever experienced.

In March, I lost my father to congestive heart failure. This was not unexpected as he had been fighting it for many years, and in fact beat the doctor's prognosis by at least triple what they had given him! I spent a little more than a week back in my home town supporting my mother and family during this difficult time.

81 days later my mother died of pancreatic cancer. This wasn't expected. So I had to fly back home and do it all again, with the added bonus of having to help sort out their estate, divide up their worldly possessions between us kids, and figure out what we were going to do with their cars, and the only house I can ever remember living in.

Major events like this sure have a way of changing your priorities. As some of you may know, I had been thinking about selling the 914 prior to all of this.

After all of this happened, I have spent some serious time in re-evaluation of my life and priorities. While I'm not positive what direction that is going to take me, I do know that the 914 needs to go, and I want it to go to someone that will enjoy it and give it the life it deserves.

Because all of this has taken up so much time, the poor car has sat idle, unstarted, and unloved for several months. Over last weekend I started trying to ease her back in to the world of the living, and have had only marginal success.

I'm hoping that I can count on the good will and kind nature of some of the D/FW folks to help me get her back to her former glory.

I've put a new battery in her, I have a new front scoop painted and ready for mounting. I have the D-rings for the exhaust and the Shift Console seal ready to be put in... I'm trying to source a replacement Driver's side door handle to replace the currently broken one, but right now, I can't get her to start, so I couldn't take her anywhere to get the work done.

Anyone want to help me get this care back into shape so that it can be put into the hands of someone that will really take care of her?

Thanks

Doug
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
dagdal1967   Need help from the D/FW crowd   Jul 9 2007, 08:57 AM
Grelber   Doug: Sorry to hear about the family, and your de...   Jul 9 2007, 09:38 AM
spare time toys   Lets set up a weekend work party to get this done....   Jul 9 2007, 11:58 AM
MrZir   I would also like to help, depending on when it wi...   Jul 9 2007, 12:28 PM
ClayPerrine   I can help, but it would have to be Sunday. I have...   Jul 9 2007, 01:41 PM
Grelber   Sunday morning works for me.   Jul 9 2007, 02:22 PM
dagdal1967   WOW! Thanks guys. I didn't expect everyone...   Jul 9 2007, 06:25 PM
mrhurtalot   let me know when and ill let you know if i live j...   Jul 9 2007, 07:51 PM
jr91472   keep me posted. would love to help if possible.   Jul 9 2007, 08:11 PM
dagdal1967   Saturday July 21st or Sunday the 22nd works for me...   Jul 11 2007, 08:53 AM
Grelber   A :bump: for Doug. Sunday is better for me.   Jul 11 2007, 07:38 PM
spare time toys   TTT just checking if this is on so I can make plan...   Jul 14 2007, 08:37 PM
dagdal1967   TTT just checking if this is on so I can make pla...   Jul 15 2007, 07:13 PM
dagdal1967   OK.. Since I've not heard from anyone else on ...   Jul 17 2007, 08:26 AM
dagdal1967   All, Things are still on For Sunday (Tomorrow) m...   Jul 21 2007, 10:33 AM
ClayPerrine   I will be there at 10 am.......... :Qarl:   Jul 21 2007, 10:44 PM
Headrage   I will be there at 10 am.......... Where else...   Jul 22 2007, 12:00 AM
zen motorcycle   [quote name='ClayPerrine' post='92651...   Jul 22 2007, 02:32 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 06:45 PM