Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need help from the D/FW crowd
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dagdal1967
All,

This has been the worst year I have ever experienced.

In March, I lost my father to congestive heart failure. This was not unexpected as he had been fighting it for many years, and in fact beat the doctor's prognosis by at least triple what they had given him! I spent a little more than a week back in my home town supporting my mother and family during this difficult time.

81 days later my mother died of pancreatic cancer. This wasn't expected. So I had to fly back home and do it all again, with the added bonus of having to help sort out their estate, divide up their worldly possessions between us kids, and figure out what we were going to do with their cars, and the only house I can ever remember living in.

Major events like this sure have a way of changing your priorities. As some of you may know, I had been thinking about selling the 914 prior to all of this.

After all of this happened, I have spent some serious time in re-evaluation of my life and priorities. While I'm not positive what direction that is going to take me, I do know that the 914 needs to go, and I want it to go to someone that will enjoy it and give it the life it deserves.

Because all of this has taken up so much time, the poor car has sat idle, unstarted, and unloved for several months. Over last weekend I started trying to ease her back in to the world of the living, and have had only marginal success.

I'm hoping that I can count on the good will and kind nature of some of the D/FW folks to help me get her back to her former glory.

I've put a new battery in her, I have a new front scoop painted and ready for mounting. I have the D-rings for the exhaust and the Shift Console seal ready to be put in... I'm trying to source a replacement Driver's side door handle to replace the currently broken one, but right now, I can't get her to start, so I couldn't take her anywhere to get the work done.

Anyone want to help me get this care back into shape so that it can be put into the hands of someone that will really take care of her?

Thanks

Doug
Grelber
Doug: Sorry to hear about the family, and your decision to sell the Teener. Keep your head up, and all will turn out fine.

I'm sure your fellow DFW 914 family will be there for you. Just let me know what and where, and I'll help any way I can.

spare time toys
Lets set up a weekend work party to get this done. beerchug.gif Pick a time and Ill see if I can come over to help out.
MrZir
I would also like to help, depending on when it will be.
ClayPerrine
I can help, but it would have to be Sunday. I have to work Sat.

Grelber
Sunday morning works for me.
dagdal1967
WOW! Thanks guys. I didn't expect everyone to jump up so quickly with offers to help. I know these things need planning and stuff.. but.. wow....

Unfortunately this weekend isn't good for me, as I'm flying back to Iowa to say my final goodbye to the family home and pick up the last of my parent's ... er ... my stuff.

I face a 13 hour drive from Iowa to Dallas in a rented U-Haul. Not pretty.

However, the next weekend would be fine for me. I really need to get this done and off of my list of things to worry about.

It's been crazy dealing with all of the estate stuff, and it is no where near over.

Thanks again guys... I really appreciate it.

Doug
mrhurtalot
let me know when and ill let you know if

i live just 3.5 hours away. i could do it.
jr91472
keep me posted. would love to help if possible.
dagdal1967
Saturday July 21st or Sunday the 22nd works for me. If anyone is available on an evening during the week next week to help me try to get her started so I can drive to what ever venue we choose, I would appreciate it.

This week is taken up with me going to my parents house and bringing stuff back down to Dallas before we sell their house.

Thanks

Doug
Grelber
A icon_bump.gif for Doug. Sunday is better for me.

spare time toys
TTT just checking if this is on so I can make plans beerchug.gif
dagdal1967
QUOTE(spare time toys @ Jul 14 2007, 09:37 PM) *

TTT just checking if this is on so I can make plans beerchug.gif

I have reserved the both the 21st and 22nd, so either day is fine with me. Grelber says the 22nd works best for him, so I am find with doing it that day.

I guess it will have to be at my house as I haven't been able to get her stared to take anywhere else.

Everyone (anyone) else ok for sunday?

Doug
dagdal1967
OK.. Since I've not heard from anyone else on preferences for the day, Sunday the 22nd it is!!!

Below is my address, and we'll start about 10:00AM to give people a chance to get their first coffee down 'em!

Doug Gault
1411 Shannon Place
Carrollton, Texas

Thanks in advance for the help.

Here is a list of things that I would like to get done, although I'm not sure they are all possible without some kind of lift.

* Get her started! :-)
* Install the new front scoop
* Repair (if possible) the driver side Door handle
* General Check up.

Don't know if we can get these done without a lift
* Install shift console seal
* Install D-rings in exhaust system.

Doug
dagdal1967
All,

Things are still on For Sunday (Tomorrow) morning.

Can I get a "Hell-Yea!" from those who will be attending?

Thanks

Doug
ClayPerrine
I will be there at 10 am..........

piratenanner.gif
Allan
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jul 21 2007, 08:44 PM) *

Where else would you get any attention? happy11.gif

Thanks Clay...

I felt really bad as I was once a Texan.....
zen motorcycle
[quote name='Headrage' date='Jul 22 2007, 01:00 AM' post='926530']
[quote name='ClayPerrine' post='926514' date='Jul 21 2007, 08:44 PM']
[/quote]

Sorry Just got this as I have been away from the boards for a while. Let me know if there is anything I can help with after today. I am close and free most week nights.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.