Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What did you all do this weekend?, NPC but still cool
seanery
post Dec 15 2003, 02:52 PM
Post #21

waiting to rebuild whitey!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 100
Region Association: None

I didn't do a damn thing.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Jenny
post Dec 15 2003, 03:34 PM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 96

Went to play Bocce ball with people I work with and their families (christmas party), went to a friend's reception, went to my cousin's reception. Thankfully, no more obligations this year. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)

Jen
+Quote Post
DuckRyder
post Dec 15 2003, 03:39 PM
Post #23

Avatars Mode: OFF because of the recalcitrant few.

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 110

I drove home from instructing at a conference in New Orleans, then worked on a power point the rest of the weekend.
+Quote Post
DuckRyder
post Dec 15 2003, 03:42 PM
Post #24

Avatars Mode: OFF because of the recalcitrant few.

Member No.: 110

Oh, sorry it is German week.

fuhr nach Hause vom Anweisen bei einer Konferenz in New-Orleans, in einem Energie Punkt den Rest des Wochenendes dann bearbeitet.
+Quote Post
mightyohm
post Dec 15 2003, 04:25 PM
Post #25

Advanced Member

Member No.: 162
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Bought a half wrecked 93 Firebird for a friend and limped it home with a cracked radiator and non working fan. Glad I took the fwy because it ran coolest when I was moving.

Then proceeded to fix stuff on it (remember it's not my car) so my friend can (more) safely drive it 200+ miles home.

Aren't I nice?
+Quote Post
need4speed
post Dec 15 2003, 04:26 PM
Post #26

Member No.: 564

Performed 3 2-hour Concerts on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, with my daughter, the church choir, and an orchestra, and some guy who fancies himself a big-name Christian rock-star, and therefore important enough to decide that he should pre-empt the children's choir for the closing number. (his CD's were on sale in the lobby). (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif) (this was about a half-hour after he soliloquied between songs about how Christmas was all about the children).

On Saturday, also, cleaned the kitchen, cut the grass, drove the kids around to various Basketball games, picked up my parents at the airport, and made my wife go to bed early so she didn't collapse from exhaustion (she works weekends).

On Sunday night - got started on producing the DVD of the concert, even though I'm pissed that instead of putting on a concert (which we've been practicing for since September), my daughter and I were apparently selling CD's for this jerk. Comparing the footage my friend got from his JVC miniDV camera to the footage I got from my Sony - image-quality-wise, I'm *really* glad I got the Sony.

Oh yeah, and I bought a nut at the hardware store to fasten down the tail light on my Ghia. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif)
Thursday night, I was putting them back on after reconditioning them, and inside the right rear fender, I found a screwdriver. It was not MY screwdriver. I've had this car for 4 years now, and I'm still finding stuff!
+Quote Post
cnavarro
post Dec 15 2003, 05:07 PM
Post #27

Cylinder Guru

Member No.: 49

Tried to debug a 20 year old Trane XL 90 furnace in the office. 3 circuit boards later and lots of cut wires, my father in law and I took a trip to Indy at 4am and picked up a new 90% efficiency gibson furnace for the same amount of money as we spent on the 3 circuit boards. Ended off the day taking some cylinder heads (headflow masters 42 x 38 on 2L 914 castings, with mild P&P) to be flowed to add to my database of headflow numbers and two V8 rotating assemblies to be balanced for a shop in town and fell asleep on the sofa upon return and ingestion of a frozen turkey dinner. Never made it to the office. What a 3 day weekend.

Charles Navarro
LN Engineering
http://www.LNengineering.com
Aircooled Precision Performance
+Quote Post
post Dec 15 2003, 06:17 PM
Post #28

Group:
Member No.: 0

Went to friend's Bday party at Outback. Had prime rib and those onion things.

Study for final exams.

Looked at car, and gave up before I touched it.

Study for exams

Watched survivor finale.

Study for exams

Monday: bombed exam. Probably answered 20% of 4 questions right.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Bruce Allert
post Dec 15 2003, 06:50 PM
Post #29

Hellions asleep

Member No.: 441
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

gotup@6hadcuppafedhorsesfeddogsfedcatsfedus
wentxmasshoppinghadlunch@OliveGardendidmoreshopping
wenthomefedhorsesfeddogsfedcatsfedus
watchedPiratesoftheCarribeanchecked
out914world.comwenttobed...dittoforSunday (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
EEEEeeeeeee-ha (IMG:style_emoticons/default/boldblue.gif) ain't we got fun (IMG:style_emoticons/default/boldblue.gif)

.......b
+Quote Post
Dave-O
post Dec 15 2003, 07:16 PM
Post #30

Is winter done yet?

Member No.: 1,082

Sorry for the length, I will remember this for the rest of my life and you asked what i did this weekend (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)

It was a typical Saturday night when my 3 roommates and I decided to play a little 2 on 2 football. We get partway through the first game and a guy starts watching us play, nothing out of the ordinary. Things start getting a little weird when he removes his jacket proudly displaying his high-school jersey. The guy is in his 40’s and reeks of peppermint schnapps! He proceeds to line up in the defensive position, no questions asked. We had to explain to him that we had teams of two he'd have to find someone else if he wanted to play. He walked off the field and continued watching. Soon after came right back on the field and filled in the defense on a play. We once again explained to him that we already had teams but promised to work him in on the next game. The guy was stoked! He went back to the sidelines and opened up his bag of football gear. Who walks around on a college campus at 8 at night with a bag full of football gear looking for a pick up game in December…seriously? At the start of the game the guy quickly removes his pants uncovering a pair of shiny gold football pants. He has his heart set on playing the linebacker position but we insisted that he play all time QB because lets face it, none of us really want to get tackled by some really strange drunk guy off the street. After a few minutes of explaining how a game with only one QB works he squats to the ground to snap the ball and stares downfield. Being that there were only two defenders there wasn’t much of a defense to read. I am certain that when the man gazed downfield he saw a marked field in an NFL stadium with 21 other football players and refs in uniform lining up for the play. After a quick 4 and out (no punting) we switch sides and the guy starts getting into it. He called a huddle on almost every play and explained how he wanted “his receivers to communicate and hook up.” What can I say, the guy got the ball out there and quite often it was to a player on one team of the other. The game was ended on a short slant ending in a touchdown. Following the game, the man who called himself Steve gave us all hand-slaps and even gave Tony and me two armed bear hugs! We were sent off on our way home by his joyous announcement “Peace brothers!” and proceeded to look over our shoulders the whole way home to make sure he wasn’t following us. Football will never be the same!
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Dec 15 2003, 07:26 PM
Post #31

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Member No.: 43
Region Association: Northstar Region

QUOTE(Dave-O @ Dec 15 2003, 05:16 PM)
Sorry for the length, I will remember this for the rest of my life and you asked what i did this weekend (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)

It was a typical Saturday night when my 3 roommates and I decided to play a little 2 on 2 football. We get partway through the first game and a guy starts watching us play, nothing out of the ordinary. Things start getting a little weird when he removes his jacket proudly displaying his high-school jersey. The guy is in his 40’s and reeks of peppermint schnapps! He proceeds to line up in the defensive position, no questions asked. We had to explain to him that we had teams of two he'd have to find someone else if he wanted to play. He walked off the field and continued watching. Soon after came right back on the field and filled in the defense on a play. We once again explained to him that we already had teams but promised to work him in on the next game. The guy was stoked! He went back to the sidelines and opened up his bag of football gear. Who walks around on a college campus at 8 at night with a bag full of football gear looking for a pick up game in December…seriously? At the start of the game the guy quickly removes his pants uncovering a pair of shiny gold football pants. He has his heart set on playing the linebacker position but we insisted that he play all time QB because lets face it, none of us really want to get tackled by some really strange drunk guy off the street. After a few minutes of explaining how a game with only one QB works he squats to the ground to snap the ball and stares downfield. Being that there were only two defenders there wasn’t much of a defense to read. I am certain that when the man gazed downfield he saw a marked field in an NFL stadium with 21 other football players and refs in uniform lining up for the play. After a quick 4 and out (no punting) we switch sides and the guy starts getting into it. He called a huddle on almost every play and explained how he wanted “his receivers to communicate and hook up.” What can I say, the guy got the ball out there and quite often it was to a player on one team of the other. The game was ended on a short slant ending in a touchdown. Following the game, the man who called himself Steve gave us all hand-slaps and even gave Tony and me two armed bear hugs! We were sent off on our way home by his joyous announcement “Peace brothers!” and proceeded to look over our shoulders the whole way home to make sure he wasn’t following us. Football will never be the same!

HEY I like my stripe pants! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) What's Wrong with that? Atleast I left the cheese head in the duffle bag... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol3.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol3.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol3.gif)
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Mockmaw
post Dec 15 2003, 07:28 PM
Post #32

Member No.: 438

Studied for my last final exam (Climate Dynamics), took it on Saturday.. after that I vegged around the apartment in celebration of finishing a horrendous two weeks of studying, exam taking, and paper writing.. and of the end of my second to last semester of college.
+Quote Post
dgw
post Dec 16 2003, 12:03 AM
Post #33

Dennis Winter

Member No.: 106
Region Association: Northern California

Sunday night, went to a Shania Twain concert at the shark tank. Bass whaks you in the chest like a hammer and didn't quit all night. Great concert though. The lady is a classy entertainer.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th June 2024 - 09:01 AM