Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Model Specific Information

914/4: 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 914/6: 70 71 72

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 914-6 Misc. Tool Kit info with pictures, Individual photo's of tools & misc.
TJB/914
post Jul 13 2007, 07:42 AM
Post #1

Mid-Engn.

Group: Members
Member No.: 346
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Hi Guys.

Last evening while at our PCA meeting I compared some of my spare tools to Gary Stellmach's original 914-6 tool kit pieces. Guess what, I don't have any 6-cyl. spare tools.

Here are my notes and photo's of misc. individual tools in Gary's set. Looking for suggestions or comments on the tools for correctness. I would guess Porsche had other suppliers and could have other brands in the kits???? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)

Tom

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
TJB/914
post Jul 13 2007, 07:44 AM
Post #2

Mid-Engn.

page #2

T

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
TJB/914
post Jul 13 2007, 07:46 AM
Post #3

Mid-Engn.

Page #3

T

Attached thumbnail(s)
+Quote Post
TJB/914
post Jul 13 2007, 07:48 AM
Post #4

Mid-Engn.

page #4

T

Attached thumbnail(s)
+Quote Post
TJB/914
post Jul 13 2007, 07:50 AM
Post #5

Mid-Engn.

Page #5

T

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
TJB/914
post Jul 13 2007, 07:51 AM
Post #6

Mid-Engn.

Page #6

T

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Johny Blackstain
post Jul 13 2007, 01:53 PM
Post #7

Walnut Elite Stratocaster player

Member No.: 7,318
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Tom- this is what I've pieced together so far, all nickle & diming off of eVilbay. Remember, my six had no manual, tow eye, tool kit or jack. I had a jack previously from a fluke of nature, but that's another story. I have more detailed shots of individual things, pliers/P-208/wrench. On top of the towel you see a modern Hircheman antenna key, black P-208 & a hubcap puller that I don't know what it's really from, but works great! Pliers have a 6 on them. If you want, I will post them. I now also have a nearly complete tool kit for a 73 (sans hubcap puller) & several 911 pieces. All this from trying to piece together a kit for the six & rummaging through my Dads stuff trying to find all the tools for the LE. Wrenches are different than the ones you showed in the middle, not sizes. I think I just need a belt, the 19/22 box end, 19mm lug wrench & the screwdrivers. I've never seen the screwdrivers anywhere & fear that's a lost cause. JWest fuse panel in the car which explains the fuses. Pat has informed me the kits did not come w/ the towel, but I like it anyway & have been thinking about getting more & making mini-skirts out of them to sell to chicas. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool_shades.gif)

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
TJB/914
post Jul 13 2007, 02:06 PM
Post #8

Mid-Engn.

QUOTE(Johny Blackstain @ Jul 13 2007, 11:53 AM) *

Tom- this is what I've pieced together so far, all nickle & diming off of eVilbay. Remember, my six had no manual, tow eye, tool kit or jack. I had a jack previously from a fluke of nature, but that's another story. I have more detailed shots of individual things, pliers/P-208/wrench. If you want, I will post them. I now also have a nearly complete tool kit for a 73 (sans hubcap puller) & several 911 pieces. All this from trying to piece together a kit for the six & rummaging through my Dads stuff trying to find all the tools for the LE. Wrenches are different than the ones you showed in the middle, not sizes. I think I just need a belt, the 19/22 box end, 19mm lug wrench & the screwdrivers. I've never seen the screwdrivers anywhere & fear that's a lost cause. JWest fuse panel in the car which explains the fuses. Pat has informed me the kits did not come w/ the towel, but I like it anyway & have been thinking about getting more & making mini-skirts out of them to sell to chicas. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)

Al,

I was just trying to help your addiction/curse that you now have for a "tool kit" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pray.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Pat already has the curse & now you.

T (tool kit & rear fog lamp dealer (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) )

+Quote Post
Johny Blackstain
post Jul 13 2007, 02:27 PM
Post #9

It is an addiction (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smoke.gif) & a curse (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) . Here's the pliers; note the "6"in the middle. Only mark on them & they came out of an incomplete 75 911S toolkit, along w/ the Klein 21mm SP wrench.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Johny Blackstain
post Jul 13 2007, 02:30 PM
Post #10

All 5 wrenches say selected special steel, West Germany. Again, the 75' 911S kit came w/ 2 & the five in the above shot, including this one below, supposedly came from a 70' 911S.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Johny Blackstain
post Jul 13 2007, 02:35 PM
Post #11

Lastly a black P-208 that I really have no genuine idea what it came out of, but I had to have one if I ever wanted to service the six. Stamped P-208 & no other markings.
I am such a lunatic & so damned addicted. I'm really gonna love building my six into the CW nightmare she's gonna be! I just want to hear "is it stock?" once & I won't be able to stop laughing (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) .

BTW- still waiting on a bag promised from George (AA). Oh yeah, I'm w/ Pat on the fog light... not on the LE but maybe on the six

This post has been edited by Johny Blackstain: Jul 13 2007, 02:59 PM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Johny Blackstain
post Jul 13 2007, 04:42 PM
Post #12

Spoke too soon- here's the straight edge screwdriver for $150.00. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/porsche-356...1QQcmdZViewItem

+Quote Post
Pat Garvey
post Jul 13 2007, 08:57 PM
Post #13

Do I or don't I...........?

Member No.: 5,765
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(Johny Blackstain @ Jul 13 2007, 01:53 PM) *

Tom- this is what I've pieced together so far, all nickle & diming off of eVilbay. Remember, my six had no manual, tow eye, tool kit or jack. I had a jack previously from a fluke of nature, but that's another story. I have more detailed shots of individual things, pliers/P-208/wrench. On top of the towel you see a modern Hircheman antenna key, black P-208 & a hubcap puller that I don't know what it's really from, but works great! Pliers have a 6 on them. If you want, I will post them. I now also have a nearly complete tool kit for a 73 (sans hubcap puller) & several 911 pieces. All this from trying to piece together a kit for the six & rummaging through my Dads stuff trying to find all the tools for the LE. Wrenches are different than the ones you showed in the middle, not sizes. I think I just need a belt, the 19/22 box end, 19mm lug wrench & the screwdrivers. I've never seen the screwdrivers anywhere & fear that's a lost cause. JWest fuse panel in the car which explains the fuses. Pat has informed me the kits did not come w/ the towel, but I like it anyway & have been thinking about getting more & making mini-skirts out of them to sell to chicas. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)

One of the Parades I went to.....don't remember which. One of the notorious people at the concours event had made a dress for her young daughter from these "shop towels". They were the rage in the 80's, but not part of a tool kit.

Mini-skirts, huh? May not be a bad thing to distract the judges.
Pat
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd May 2024 - 04:05 AM