Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 914 BBQ and work party! (work is optional), Monday July 16th
bondo
post Jul 13 2007, 11:32 AM
Post #1

Practicing my perpendicular parking

Group: Members
Member No.: 587
Region Association: Central California

This was mentioned in another thread, but probably didn't get seen by many, so I'm officially announcing it here...

This is a work party and BBQ to get my daily driver fully assembled. Right now it just has the minimum to drive, but I still have a big pile of parts in the garage. I'm moving soon, and anything that isn't on the car will have to be packed. I'd much rather have it on the car than in a box. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Working on the car is totally optional. There's always room for burger flipping, general car talk, and comic relief. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) There's definitely an opportunity for free parts for attendees. There's even a door prize! (markb gets first pick though, because he gave me an engine and has done as much work on this 914 as I have!)

I know a Monday is a bad day for this sort of thing, but that's the day we can do it. It starts at 11:00 AM and goes until whenever. PM me if you need my address.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
bondo
post Jul 14 2007, 05:02 PM
Post #2

Two day bump!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_bump.gif)
+Quote Post
bondo
post Jul 15 2007, 01:19 PM
Post #3

One day bump!

+Quote Post
bondo
post Jul 16 2007, 01:46 AM
Post #4

Night before bump!

+Quote Post
markb
post Jul 16 2007, 11:45 PM
Post #5

914less :(

Member No.: 180

We got a few things done today. Fixed the wiring problem with the front signals (bad bulbs/connections/flasher), replaced rear shocks/springs, wired & installed oil pressure & temp gauges (put the gauges where the ashtray goes, very clean), repaired & installed door panels, glued carpet on the firewall (not getting a backpad), installed rear valence (front won't fit because of the wide tires/flared fenders (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) ), installed heater fan, installed glove box (it may need to come back out to put the door & lock in) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) , installed dash kneepad, bondo had to do a touch of metal bending to get the rear trunk lock back to the original position (d@mn PO's! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif) ), so it would latch, hooked up fog lights, ate hot dogs and drank Julie's Secret Family Recipe Drink (I can't remember what goes in it, but it was really good). Everything (except the front valence) went as planned, which is a first for me. Only one stuck bolt on a shock (PITA!). I wish I could get as much done in one day on my own cars! A splendid time was had by all (both of us (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) ).
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 07:14 PM