Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 BBQ and work party! (work is optional)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bondo
This was mentioned in another thread, but probably didn't get seen by many, so I'm officially announcing it here...

This is a work party and BBQ to get my daily driver fully assembled. Right now it just has the minimum to drive, but I still have a big pile of parts in the garage. I'm moving soon, and anything that isn't on the car will have to be packed. I'd much rather have it on the car than in a box. biggrin.gif

Working on the car is totally optional. There's always room for burger flipping, general car talk, and comic relief. laugh.gif There's definitely an opportunity for free parts for attendees. There's even a door prize! (markb gets first pick though, because he gave me an engine and has done as much work on this 914 as I have!)

I know a Monday is a bad day for this sort of thing, but that's the day we can do it. It starts at 11:00 AM and goes until whenever. PM me if you need my address.
bondo
Two day bump!

icon_bump.gif
bondo
One day bump!

icon_bump.gif
bondo
Night before bump!

icon_bump.gif
markb
We got a few things done today. Fixed the wiring problem with the front signals (bad bulbs/connections/flasher), replaced rear shocks/springs, wired & installed oil pressure & temp gauges (put the gauges where the ashtray goes, very clean), repaired & installed door panels, glued carpet on the firewall (not getting a backpad), installed rear valence (front won't fit because of the wide tires/flared fenders sad.gif ), installed heater fan, installed glove box (it may need to come back out to put the door & lock in) headbang.gif , installed dash kneepad, bondo had to do a touch of metal bending to get the rear trunk lock back to the original position (d@mn PO's! mad.gif ), so it would latch, hooked up fog lights, ate hot dogs and drank Julie's Secret Family Recipe Drink (I can't remember what goes in it, but it was really good). Everything (except the front valence) went as planned, which is a first for me. Only one stuck bolt on a shock (PITA!). I wish I could get as much done in one day on my own cars! A splendid time was had by all (both of us smile.gif ).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.