Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Tranmission needs new seals, Looking for step-by-step instructions
KaptKaos
post Jul 16 2007, 10:00 AM
Post #1

Family

Group: Members
Member No.: 607
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Pretty much as the title reads. I have gotten my tranny out of the car, and off the motor and I need to reseal it. I looked for a procedure, what to take apart first, etc.. but no luck.

Anyone have a good procedure for me to follow?

TIA!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post Jul 16 2007, 10:18 AM
Post #2

Send me your transmission!

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,372
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Read the tranny rebuild link in my sig line. It has the info on removing the stack which will allow you to access the paper gaskets, shift console gasket and the input shaft gasket.

When changing the shift console gasket, knock the roll pin out of the comb end ONLY (other wise reinstalling the shaft can goof up the seal). Remove the shaft and use a large screw driver to pry the seal out making sure not to score the bore (this can be a PITA, but just be patient).

For removing the output flanges, use a drift in one of the screw holes and brace it against one of the ribs on the tranny. The bolts are 19mm and not very hard to break free usually. Then just pry the seal out by knocking one side in. Again, be careful not to score the bore.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 06:17 PM